Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i recon this???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i recon this???

Just got a CapitalOne Quicksilver auto CLI of $500.  Can i recon this for a higher consideration?

?1.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Can i recon this???

When was the last time you requested a CLI on that account?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best option would have been to declined the offer.  You can call but I doubt if it will change anything.

Message 3 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Whether they'll allow the recon or not, the matter of whether your credit and income qualify is an entirely seprate thing.  I would consider a $500 auto to indicate concern with your credit profile.

Message 4 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I don't know if you can recon auto luv.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

Whether they'll allow the recon or not, the matter of whether your credit and income qualify is an entirely seprate thing.  I would consider a $500 auto to indicate concern with your credit profile.

How can you consider that? The limit is already at 12k. Concern to me would be a CLD or some other type of AA....  Every CLI cant be huge or else we'd all have 100k credit lines....

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized i probably hit the 6 month mark with CapitalOne and that's probably the reason for the auto CLI.  My first preference would be to recon to a higher limit now.  Second preference would be (i think what Yes Its Me is implying) to decline this auto CLI in hopes of getting a huge CLI sooner than the standard 6 month waiting time they request after any changes.   Hopefully someone with a successful recon wih auto CLI will chime in.

Willwar, I received two CLI's and one PC during the 6 months i have been with Cap1

Yes Its Me, Are you saying i should call to decline my auto CLI of $500 so that opens the window for a more significant CLI sooner down the road rather than waiting their standard 6 months?

Takeshi, would they really give me an auto CLI if there was a "concern" with my credit?  I would think a concern would warrant no change or a decrease.  Or perhaps the low auto CLI is a result of my aggressive requests for CLI in the 6 months of posession of this card?  $3000>$9000>$12,000>$12,500

Omar, that's my initial thought.  Hopefully comeone else chimes in with their experience getting a successful recon attempt with an auto CLI

Jfriend, $100k CL would be sweeeet!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.