Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can lenders see my credit score yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can lenders see my credit score yet?

I'm an 18 year old college student and I got my first card around my 18th birthday and it is also the oldest account on my CR. I tried to apply for an amex bce in december and was denied after being triple pulled and given the reason "File not scored because subject does not have sufficient credit. (Trans Union)." This was after 5 months of total history. I've since read that you need 6 months of history in order to have a fico score. I opened my Discover card on 7/15/14 which now makes it slightly older than 6 months. Also, on Jan 6th, I signed up for myFico 3B monitoring and I have a score and report from each bureau there. I'm wondering if I finally have enough history for lenders to be able to consider me. My Discover statement cuts on the 27th so I'm not sure if I need to wait for the 6th statement or if just having the card open for 6 months is enough. Not sure if it matters but Discover still cannot provide my TU FICO so should I possibly wait until that pops up? Any thoughts are appreciated I just don't want to waste another HP for nothing.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Can lenders see my credit score yet?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm an 18 year old college student and I got my first card around my 18th birthday and it is also the oldest account on my CR. I tried to apply for an amex bce in december and was denied after being triple pulled and given the reason "File not scored because subject does not have sufficient credit. (Trans Union)." This was after 5 months of total history. I've since read that you need 6 months of history in order to have a fico score. I opened my Discover card on 7/15/14 which now makes it slightly older than 6 months. Also, on Jan 6th, I signed up for myFico 3B monitoring and I have a score and report from each bureau there. I'm wondering if I finally have enough history for lenders to be able to consider me. My Discover statement cuts on the 27th so I'm not sure if I need to wait for the 6th statement or if just having the card open for 6 months is enough. Not sure if it matters but Discover still cannot provide my TU FICO so should I possibly wait until that pops up? Any thoughts are appreciated I just don't want to waste another HP for nothing.

You should see your score on your Discover account this month around the 26th.

EDIT: if not then next month

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm an 18 year old college student and I got my first card around my 18th birthday and it is also the oldest account on my CR. I tried to apply for an amex bce in december and was denied after being triple pulled and given the reason "File not scored because subject does not have sufficient credit. (Trans Union)." This was after 5 months of total history. I've since read that you need 6 months of history in order to have a fico score. I opened my Discover card on 7/15/14 which now makes it slightly older than 6 months. Also, on Jan 6th, I signed up for myFico 3B monitoring and I have a score and report from each bureau there. I'm wondering if I finally have enough history for lenders to be able to consider me. My Discover statement cuts on the 27th so I'm not sure if I need to wait for the 6th statement or if just having the card open for 6 months is enough. Not sure if it matters but Discover still cannot provide my TU FICO so should I possibly wait until that pops up? YES I WOULD WAIT ...Any thoughts are appreciated I just don't want to waste another HP for nothing.

You should see your score on your Discover account this month around the 26th.

EDIT: if not then next month

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

MyFIco has generated Ficos so you are pretty much good to go but I would wait the full 6 months just to be sure and app next month for more.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

MyFIco has generated Ficos so you are pretty much good to go but I would wait the full 6 months just to be sure and app next month for more.

that's what I was looking for thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can get someone in your family to add you as AU to their CC
You can build credit history very quickly
few of my family members piggy back on my credit history and had their scores jump 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.