Senior Contributor
drkaje

Can not get Amex to report on Eq.

Last April, my Amex (AU) dropped off EQ. Called them to complain and was told Amex could fix the problem. Amex said they'd send an e-mail but didn't know why it had fell off. I've called Amex about 10 times since then and they claim to have sent three e-mails and a letter to EQ with no response. I even let the card post a balance, LOL!

Called Amex Credit Division (they're a lot of fun to chat with) today and was told they couldn't do any more and that I should call EQ. Called EQ and reached someone who was able to find the account in their records and that it could be reinserted if Amex called their Business Solutions Dept number. Contacted Amex again and was told they don't make phone calls.

Got annoyed and called EQ, again. New EQ person couldn't find the Amex on file and explained that credit reports change during the day, LOL! She also insisted that only Amex could have removed the account.

Anyone else ever have this issue with an Amex? I'd love the 4K limit and history since '94 added to my EQ report but the hassle is crazy.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Can not get Amex to report on Eq.

drkaje wrote:

Last April, my Amex (AU) dropped off EQ. Called them to complain and was told Amex could fix the problem. Amex said they'd send an e-mail but didn't know why it had fell off. I've called Amex about 10 times since then and they claim to have sent three e-mails and a letter to EQ with no response. I even let the card post a balance, LOL!

Called Amex Credit Division (they're a lot of fun to chat with) today and was told they couldn't do any more and that I should call EQ. Called EQ and reached someone who was able to find the account in their records and that it could be reinserted if Amex called their Business Solutions Dept number. Contacted Amex again and was told they don't make phone calls.

Got annoyed and called EQ, again. New EQ person couldn't find the Amex on file and explained that credit reports change during the day, LOL! She also insisted that only Amex could have removed the account.

Anyone else ever have this issue with an Amex? I'd love the 4K limit and history since '94 added to my EQ report but the hassle is crazy.

Have you spoken with AMEX executive office?? 800-297-6197

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

+1 thats the route to go

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Senior Contributor
drkaje

I may have tried them last year but one more call won't hurt.

Basically, the Credit division says their hands are tied. They have multiple notes on my file but haven't managed to get things set right, yet.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}