Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get Amex to report on Eq.

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Can not get Amex to report on Eq.

Last April, my Amex (AU) dropped off EQ. Called them to complain and was told Amex could fix the problem. Amex said they'd send an e-mail but didn't know why it had fell off. I've called Amex about 10 times since then and they claim to have sent three e-mails and a letter to EQ with no response. I even let the card post a balance, LOL!

Called Amex Credit Division (they're a lot of fun to chat with) today and was told they couldn't do any more and that I should call EQ. Called EQ and reached someone who was able to find the account in their records and that it could be reinserted if Amex called their Business Solutions Dept number. Contacted Amex again and was told they don't make phone calls.

Got annoyed and called EQ, again. New EQ person couldn't find the Amex on file and explained that credit reports change during the day, LOL! She also insisted that only Amex could have removed the account.

Anyone else ever have this issue with an Amex? I'd love the 4K limit and history since '94 added to my EQ report but the hassle is crazy.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Can not get Amex to report on Eq.

@drkaje wrote:

Last April, my Amex (AU) dropped off EQ. Called them to complain and was told Amex could fix the problem. Amex said they'd send an e-mail but didn't know why it had fell off. I've called Amex about 10 times since then and they claim to have sent three e-mails and a letter to EQ with no response. I even let the card post a balance, LOL!

Called Amex Credit Division (they're a lot of fun to chat with) today and was told they couldn't do any more and that I should call EQ. Called EQ and reached someone who was able to find the account in their records and that it could be reinserted if Amex called their Business Solutions Dept number. Contacted Amex again and was told they don't make phone calls.

Got annoyed and called EQ, again. New EQ person couldn't find the Amex on file and explained that credit reports change during the day, LOL! She also insisted that only Amex could have removed the account.

Anyone else ever have this issue with an Amex? I'd love the 4K limit and history since '94 added to my EQ report but the hassle is crazy.

Have you spoken with AMEX executive office?? 800-297-6197

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

+1 thats the route to go

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I may have tried them last year but one more call won't hurt.

Basically, the Credit division says their hands are tied. They have multiple notes on my file but haven't managed to get things set right, yet.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.