cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

The last time I called GE (PayPal, JCP, Banana) was about 2 months ago and got the CLIs.

For the last 2 months I've been putting a lot through my cards (Xmas shopping, etc). So I want to call them again to ask for another round of CLI.

Is the 4 month set as stone? Has anybody been succesful with getting CLI from GE before the 4 month cycle?

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

Yes I have read that many people have done that as well as myself.  My JCP had only been open less than 2 months and they did a CLI 5 times the original limit.  I've also read that people say that they don't get an auto CLI at 4 months.  So in the end....YMMV.  It can't harm anything by calling and asking though.  That's the great thing about GE....all sp's!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 3
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Re: Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

Yea, I got my Walmart CLI at about 2 months. Some people wait until the 3-4 statement. You should be good to go. Just make sure you pay off the balance before asking.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.