Regular Contributor
pt2005

Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

The last time I called GE (PayPal, JCP, Banana) was about 2 months ago and got the CLIs.

For the last 2 months I've been putting a lot through my cards (Xmas shopping, etc). So I want to call them again to ask for another round of CLI.

Is the 4 month set as stone? Has anybody been succesful with getting CLI from GE before the 4 month cycle?

Thanks

FICO Scores: EX 744 (Quizzle), myFICO EQ 675, myFICO TU 708
Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 7k | Cap1 Spark Cash 5.5k | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5k | Cap1 Cash Visa 3.5k | Cap1 Cash MC 3.5k | AMEX SimplyCash 3K | Discover IT1k
Store: PayPal SmartConnect 5k | JCP 4.2k | Banana 3k | Walmart 2.2K | Kohls 1500 | TargetRED 300
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Re: Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

Yes I have read that many people have done that as well as myself.  My JCP had only been open less than 2 months and they did a CLI 5 times the original limit.  I've also read that people say that they don't get an auto CLI at 4 months.  So in the end....YMMV.  It can't harm anything by calling and asking though.  That's the great thing about GE....all sp's!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Regular Contributor
Tran92

Re: Can one ask for GE CLI before the 4 month cycle?

Yea, I got my Walmart CLI at about 2 months. Some people wait until the 3-4 statement. You should be good to go. Just make sure you pay off the balance before asking.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}