cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone clear a question on interest charge for me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone clear a question on interest charge for me?

I pretty much get the jist if it but figured I'd ask to make sure 100%.

I have a best buy credit card only to be used at best buy. I bought a TV last November with it n have 36 months to pay it off. I'll have it paid off in 1.5 years of purchasing it. But my question is, what if I were to buy other stuff with that card that also has a promotional rate of only 0% Apr if paid in 6months? How will beet buy know which is which so i dont get charged interest? Best buy doesn't give me a option to pay off a certain transaction n when I pay its toward the whole balance.

Another question is regards to my new chase sapphire preferred card. II got it because I got a new job that requires alot of traveling. I just found out that I'll b be getting a corporate AMEX card so the bulk of work related travel expenses will go towards the corporate card, which is a huge bummer for me as I wanted to accumulate alot of rewards on my card. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to get the promotional spend $4k within the first 3months n get 40k rewards with my own expenses. So if I were to charge everything on my card n not pay it off full by the payment date, will I be only charge interest on the remaining balance or be charged interest on the total Amount I spent that month just cause I didn't pay in full?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone clear a question on interest charge for me?

@Anonymous wrote:
I pretty much get the jist if it but figured I'd ask to make sure 100%.

I have a best buy credit card only to be used at best buy. I bought a TV last November with it n have 36 months to pay it off. I'll have it paid off in 1.5 years of purchasing it. But my question is, what if I were to buy other stuff with that card that also has a promotional rate of only 0% Apr if paid in 6months? How will beet buy know which is which so i dont get charged interest? Best buy doesn't give me a option to pay off a certain transaction n when I pay its toward the whole balance.

Another question is regards to my new chase sapphire preferred card. II got it because I got a new job that requires alot of traveling. I just found out that I'll b be getting a corporate AMEX card so the bulk of work related travel expenses will go towards the corporate card, which is a huge bummer for me as I wanted to accumulate alot of rewards on my card. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to get the promotional spend $4k within the first 3months n get 40k rewards with my own expenses. So if I were to charge everything on my card n not pay it off full by the payment date, will I be only charge interest on the remaining balance or be charged interest on the total Amount I spent that month just cause I didn't pay in full?

Best buy will probably allocate your payment, less the minimum, to the promo that ends first, as a result of the credit card act. You may be able to call in adjust how your payment is allocated.

Interest only on statement balance that wasnt paid by due date.

Why not use your card and let work reimburse you? Just ask for permission.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.