cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain? I logged into an old Macy's account...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain? I logged into an old Macy's account...

Sooo... I just randomly decided to see if I could log into my Macy's profile... upon doing so it still had a Macy's card listed, I'm thinking "ok... that was closed around 2007" I believe, hell it's not even on my credit file whatsoever... once I got all my verification steps taken care of and got through all the hoops to access it I get to a screen that gives me account details, this account shouldn't even exist.

I am fairly confident I closed this about 8 years ago... the credit limit is now hilariously low, did I just somehow reactivate this in some strange way because it also reports a payment date and all kinds of things, I didn't apply for anything or say I wanted to open it up but this screen is confusing the crap out of me.

I'm almost tempted to request a card and a CLI...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone explain? I logged into an old Macy's account...

I wonder if all those years ago they had talked me into keeping it open after I paid it off... I suppose that would explain it, kind of scary to think I may have had an account just hanging out all these years that I was unaware of, glad there were no annual fees or anything lol.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping there was an online chat feature but all I saw was "send us a message" so I sent them this...

---
Is this credit account still open?

I randomly decided to log into Macy's account, saw a credit card listed I thought I closed 8 years ago -- Is this account still open? I see $75 limit listed, lol.  I had no idea this account even existed and thought I closed it... Hell... bump it up to a few grand and send me a new card.
---

I guess I'll have an answer soon enough...

Message 3 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is weird weird. Macy's chat is available during the morning day early evening hours, chat them in the am. If u closed the cards and it's not on your report anywhere, id see what's up with the card before using that 75 dollar limit lol.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
That is weird weird. Macy's chat is available during the morning day early evening hours, chat them in the am. If u closed the cards and it's not on your report anywhere, id see what's up with the card before using that 75 dollar limit lol.

haha, yeah I'm confused... funny since I logged in and fussed around a bit then messaged them I can't seem to get back in again -- Apparently my card is managed by citi, so it's definitely the store card and not the american express (no surprise, I probably couldn't get an AMEX).  I'm wondering if it's just some kind of error but Customer Support should be responding in not too long I'm sure or I'll chat tomorrow.

I really didn't expect to just log right in and see a credit limit though, I can't even buy a bottle of cologne without maxing it out lol.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like i'm having hazy memories of agreeing to keep it open just in case... I bet its just been idle and shrinking lol... easy way into a card I guess, its so dormant it hasn't reported in long time so I doubt it will count as being really old (that would be AMAZING for my lousy avg acct age). I wanted this card again anyway.

Not seeing it on my file makes me wonder if it even reported.. ill check an old report, if it won't help me credit I don't want it.

Message 6 of 9
icyhot
Valued Contributor

If the available credit says 0, it's closed
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call 'em up and tell them you misplaced the card. if it's truly still oipen, they'll verify your ID and address and send you a new one. It will post with the original open date, which will spread love all over your FICOs!!! Buy some pantyhose when it comes in, then cal them back and complain that you couldn't buy more. You'll have your old limit back in no time.

THis happened to me with my original JCP card. (I simply fogot about it, moved, changed jobs, bought a house, etc.) Didn't realize it until I pulled my first credit report and there it was showing active. Called them, got the new card. The rest is history. It had been about 8 years, for me too.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting keep us posted...Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.