cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain how AMEX Everyday Blue Card works??

tag
MannyG
Established Member

Can someone explain how AMEX Everyday Blue Card works??

I got card a couple months ago.. I spent $1000 and got the $100 bonus reward.. Okay, cool but where are the other points i was supposed to get leading up to the $1000?
I also spent more than $1000 yet it says i only have $100 in bonus.. Whats that about? Do i have to wait for the next statement or do my balance have to be paid in full before i get them or what? I WANT MY POINTS!!! I use that card for everything lol

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Can someone explain how AMEX Everyday Blue Card works??

@MannyG wrote:
I got card a couple months ago.. I spent $1000 and got the $100 bonus reward.. Okay, cool but where are the other points i was supposed to get leading up to the $1000?
I also spent more than $1000 yet it says i only have $100 in bonus.. Whats that about? Do i have to wait for the next statement or do my balance have to be paid in full before i get them or what? I WANT MY POINTS!!! I use that card for everything lol

Pretty sure that bonus post 6-8 weeks later YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
zeusta20
Established Contributor

I believe it will show up after your statement cuts. I THINK thats how it works because thats how it works for MR.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 3 of 7
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@MannyG wrote:

Hey MannyG!

The spend bonus is usually awarded pretty quickly after you meet the spend requirement.  However, your monthly rewards dollars are usually added after the next statement close date.  Amex is very slow to award reward dollars compared to Chase and Barclays.  If you click on the "track rewards dollars" link on the bottom right hand corner of your home page, then click on "view latest balance details" you can see the break down of your beginning balance and what you earned the last statement period.  Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Amex is very slow to add points, this is one of the big reasons I have moved a lot of my spending away from Amex.  Almost everyone else does it the month you spend but Amex waits another statements. 

Message 6 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, Amex is usually two statements behind on my cash back. I noticed that my spending breakdown is usually a statement behind. This is the most annoying thing about Amex heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.