New Contributor
Quantarra

Can someone explain please

I was just approved for a cc through my CU with no annual fee. My question is I reallllllly want to close my capital one and transfer the balance but I'm confused on how it will work once balance is transferred do I close the card then?? I will pay it to a zero balance before transfer. Thanks to all who answer
Fico=642 Exp=680(perCU) TU=660
Goal=anything over my current scores,,,,,,
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Can someone explain please

[ Edited ]

Quantarra wrote:
I was just approved for a cc through my CU with no annual fee. My question is I reallllllly want to close my capital one and transfer the balance but I'm confused on how it will work once balance is transferred do I close the card then?? I will pay it to a zero balance before transfer. Thanks to all who answer

You lost me 

You want to do a BT to your new card correct?

Why would you pay the CAP1 to zero then?

Forgive me if I missed something 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

New Contributor
Quantarra

I don't know that's why I'm asking do I have to pay it off that's where I'm confused once I transfer balance what happens to the rest my available is 200/750
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Quantarra wrote:
I don't know that's why I'm asking do I have to pay it off that's where I'm confused once I transfer balance what happens to the rest my available is 200/750

Ok got you now 

No do the BT but be prepared to pay the minimum if it doesn't go through when you expect it to..

So monitor your CAP1 account so that you know when it gets moved. If it has not moved by the time CAP1 due date..... pay the minimum payment

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Established Contributor
shaun2009

a BT Is transferring whatever is on the card to your new one so once that happens it will already be 0 providing that you are transferring the full amount and not partial.
Current Credit Cards
| PayPal MC: $10K | WalMart MC: $7.5K | Discover IT: $6.5K | USB Platinum: $5K | Sams MC: $5K |
| CapitalOne QS: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | USB Select: $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 10/3/2014
New Contributor
Quantarra

Thanks for clearing that up so once transfer is done do you know how it will report on my cr
Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

Quantarra wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up so once transfer is done do you know how it will report on my cr

Once the transfer is done, the account you transferred from will generate a statement with -0- balance and will report zero.

It will not automatically get closed though.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
New Contributor
Quantarra

[ Edited ]
Thanks guys for all the info

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}