cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone guide on callng the backdoor number for BOA?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Can someone guide on callng the backdoor number for BOA?

I applied for the BOA cash rewards and received this message:

Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days.

My credit score is 650 for all 3 CB's   2 collections on Experian that are 2 years old for about $100.00.  Can I call the backdoor number to try and get approved?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Can someone guide on callng the backdoor number for BOA?

I'd call and see if I was approve or not (and if not then why) before I started to worry about recon.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 13
glamchick
Established Contributor

You mean call customer service to find out approval rather than calling the backdoor number?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 13
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Personally, I would call the backdoor number today or tomorrow.  Anytime I do that when I get a notification like yours, I immediately start out the conversation like this:  "Hi, my name is xxxxxxxxxx.  Yesterday, I applied for the XYZ credit card online and got a message that it was under consideration (or needed time for processing).  I was wondering if you needed any information from me to help make the decision."  Ideally, at that point, they pull up your application and that is when they want to verify information from you, such as income or time on job, and ask questions about things that showed up on your credit report, such as an old charge off or bankruptcy.  Sometimes, they will ask you why you want their card so be prepared for an answer to that (like liking the cash back or points rewards they offer or no annual fee).

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 4 of 13
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thank you so much kimiller.   I just called the regular 800 number and a recording said "we are unable to approve you at this time".

Time to call the backdoor number.  Wish me luck everyone!!

Thanks!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 13
glamchick
Established Contributor

I called the backdoor number and they immediatly said I was denied I will receive the reason in 7-10 days.  UGH!  Will I ever get a good credit card with a nice limit???

How do you guys do it?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 6 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Do you have any cards currently?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ime, boa sucks with recons, prob bc they were burned badly during the subprime mortgage crisis!:-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 13
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Is your sig score correct? isnt the boa cash a prime card? Let me know if you have luck with them. Ive read to try and recon a couple of times. hope that works Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 9 of 13
glamchick
Established Contributor

Yes I have 3 cards... (2) First Premiers with $500 limit and a chase $700 limit.   I do not have a good credit limit at all Smiley Sad     Everytime I ask First Premier bank for a CLI they only give me $100.00 increments.  I will try the backdoor number again.  Pray I get someone nice!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.