cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please explain "gardening"

tag
Jmoney6

Can someone please explain "gardening"

I keep reading gardenign or in the garden, one can only assume its a way to increase credit score, but can some one explain or point me to some reading about what this whole thign is about?

I did a google search and came up with nothing

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can someone please explain "gardening"

@Jmoney6 wrote:

I keep reading gardenign or in the garden, one can only assume its a way to increase credit score, but can some one explain or point me to some reading about what this whole thign is about?

Gardening is a term used here to allow new TLs to grow, to allow inq's and/or baddies to age off your CR's.  Here's the thread for the Garden Club:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-March-2014/td-p/2866651

Message 2 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Jmoney6 wrote:

Gardening is a term used here to allow new TLs to grow, to allow inq's and/or baddies to age off your CR's.  Here's the thread for the Garden Club:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-March-2014/td-p/2866651

Come on over to the Garden Club! It is a place where people who don't want to app can go without having to read about everyone being approved for new credit. Basically, it is a mix of credit talk and a bunch of friends just chatting and having fun. You are welcome to stop by!

Message 3 of 7
Stralem
Established Contributor

Basically, it's that span o0f your life that sits between each credit card application.

Nothing special.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 7
Jmoney6

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

It's part rehab part social club for those that are working on their credit or credit scores by either cleaning up bad info on their reports OR letting their current accounts age and not applying for new tradelines or credit.

We are always happy to have everyone Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 6 of 7
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

"Gardening" is basically claiming you're done apping for new cards and that you're not gonna app for anything for the next X number of years and then suddenly "fall out of the garden" two weeks later because you couldn't resist the temptation to app for a shiny new card and blaming said app on excessive alcohol consumption (which technically makes it a "drapp" instead of an app)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.