Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Apply for Arrival+?

tag
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Can't Apply for Arrival+?

@Anonymous wrote:

Saw this thread over the weekend and wondered what all the huss and fuss was about. Went to the barclaycard site and i see both Arrival cc's there so dunno what the big deal is... 

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/compare

Would suck tho if they nerfed some benefits tho since i love my regular Arrival card. Cant beat a no AF card with 2x dining & travel. 

The big deal is that you cannot apply for these cards at the moment, which is what the title of this thread is suggesting. As the link you posted indicates, interested applicants will have to "check back soon to apply."

I recently dumped an Arrival card because it wasn't very competitive at all in my opinion. I would prefer 2% on everything as opposed to 2x points in just a few categories, which is what previous posts in this thread have alluded to with the Citi Double Cash. The good news is that the changes probably won't impact what the Arrival+ is exceptionally good at, and that's being a prime target for sign up bonus chasers with 1 TU pull. 

Message 91 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like some changes are confirmed: 

but doesnt seem to make much difference for me

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/07/barclaycard-confirms-changes/

Message 92 of 96
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So the points guy article suggests 2% redemption on cash back as well?
Message 93 of 96
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Edit. Looks likeep just redemption bonus on cash back, not full rate
Message 94 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclays reducing benefits of arrival plus

haven't seen this mentioned on the forum, apologies if i missed it.

Changes coming to the Barclays Arrival Plus

"

• You’ll no longer receive 10% of your miles back when you redeem them for travel.  Instead, you’ll only earn 5% back.
  • In the past, you could use Barclays Arrival miles towards statement credits for travel purchases of at least $25.  Now, you’ll have to redeem them for purchases of at least $100 (10,000 Barclays Arrival miles).
  • If you choose to redeem miles for cash back, the minimum redemption is increasing to 5,000 Barclay Arrival miles ($25).  Previously, you could redeem for as little as $12.50 (2,500 Barclays Arrival miles).
  • The free TripIt Pro subscription is being discontinued :(
  • Tourist attractions (museums, theme parks, Disney, etc) will be removed from the qualifying travel redemption list."
Message 95 of 96
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: barclays reducing benefits of arrival plus

Message 96 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.