Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Apply for Arrival+?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Can't Apply for Arrival+?

Not only does it require huge spend to justify now but you have to redeem for travel to get full value, which you dont have to do with DC.

Useless card, IMO.
Message 11 of 96
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Not only does it require huge spend to justify now but you have to redeem for travel to get full value, which you dont have to do with DC.

Useless card, IMO.

After the first year!

Message 12 of 96
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, useless after year one. Which IMO was already the case but now even more.
Message 13 of 96
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Interesting to say the least. If the bonus is still 40k points when they start accepting apps again I may have to jump on it before they decide to slash it.

You only get full value of the points when redeeming for travel, correct? Is it still .5CPP when redeeming for gift cards/cash back?

Message 14 of 96
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Next up, nerfing the Sallie Mae....

THAT would upset myfico!

Message 15 of 96
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes you only get full value redeeming on travel which is why outside of the bonus it makes zero sense in my mind to get this card over a double cash.
Message 16 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the report. I'll definitely be moving over to DC for main spend then (sooner or later). 

Message 17 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Next up, nerfing the Sallie Mae....

THAT would upset myfico!

Shhhh! Don't give Barclays any ideas!

Message 18 of 96
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting, i had a weird feeling something was up with this card. I had noticed they increased the apr from when i was approved for card last year for new applicants
Message 19 of 96
kdm31091
Super Contributor

People on the link are saying the card is a flop for Barclay's. Gee I wonder why? Maybe because beyond the bonus it provides nothing you cannot get for free and unrestricted? On a more important note, how do they think making the card worse will help?

I also wouldn't be surprised if someday Sallie gets nerfed, especially the amazon portion, but who knows. Dont think it will last forever though.
Message 20 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.