Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get any credit cards.

tag
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't Get any credit cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

I vote Secured Card.  Capital One, Citi, Bank of America, Discover may counter with a secured option if denied, USBank, OpenSky.  Unless member of Credit Union. 

Next up, installment loan. "Secured Loan" 

Yes, BOA. get in with them if you can right now. Best of the bunch for secured cards.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 11 of 29
Espresso
Contributor

I bet you get in with Capital One Plat MC. Be patient and hopeful! 

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fishbjc wrote:

You may have to begin with a prepaid credit card.  Find one that will 'graduate' to a regular card after one year. 

A credit union perhaps.  You need to begin with 'starter cards'.  Do your research so you don't blow inquiries.  No sense in that.  Barclay isn't known to like thin files and your scores are still a bit low. 

I agree plus there is no shame in beginning with a secured card. That is how many of us began our credit rebuild. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 29
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Proud former cardholder of a Capital One secured card. After BK this card along the myFico community was the gateway to rebuilding my credit.

Message 14 of 29
happypill
Valued Contributor

Barclays may give you a shot if you call to recon and it looks like Capital One is looking into it already.

Definitely recommend getting a secured card or two if you don't get approved for those that you applied for.  BofA is actually kind of picky when it comes to their secured cards but it is a great card if you can get approved.  State Department FCU has a secured card that is always approved and has some good terms so you could definitely start there.  Discover likes thin files but really, you'll have challenges with any card if you have a fraud alert on your account so get that addressed first.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I made the call to Barclay.  It was denied because my daughter whom I co-signed had some late payments 30 days ago.  She told me to reapply in 6 months as this was the only thing.  However, when Capital One called to verify it was me because of the Fraud alert she said she went ahead and sent it for further processing and while I was asking her questions, she told me she had sent it in and it was approved for up to $3000.00.  I would have to wait for the letter that comes with the card to find the actual amount!   WooHoo!  Now I need to continue reading so that I can learn how to build my credit up in the 700's to get a mortgage to build a home.  Thank you everyone for your help!

Message 16 of 29
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 18 of 29
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

Secured card with WELLS FARGO Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I made the call to Barclay.  It was denied because my daughter whom I co-signed had some late payments 30 days ago.  

I'm not trying to be negative but as a cosigner that car loan belongs to you and you are responsible for the payments being made on time. That 30 day late being recent IS a problem.

I would suggest you take over the car payments and that way if your daughter can't pay, you can keep it paid in a timely manner.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.