Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update AMEX Income Info?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Can't Update AMEX Income Info?

So i jsut found out that AMEX allows you to update your employment and income info. So i went to update it and almost all the fields were blank aside from the company I work for...I filled in the rest of them and it give me an error saying "for security purposes, you cannot update right now".

Any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't Update AMEX Income Info?

yea same here it keeps telling me i cant and that i have to call
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 9
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I kept getting the same message but after my 61 day CLI a few days ago, I was able to complete the info successfully. Not sure if this was just a coincidence.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I had previously not been able to update this as well. (Since I never ever did my 61 day CLI until just recently -- after years.. LOL) So I just went to check and see if I would be able and it's true.. I was able. Thanks to the poster above for that info!

Message 4 of 9
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I have done it 2-3 times when my income has changed without any problems. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 5 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Networth wrote:

I have done it 2-3 times when my income has changed without any problems. 

Tried again...still getting rejected. :-/

Message 6 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

same, ill just do it at my 61 day i suppose
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 7 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

Its jsut annoying because ive had the card 2 years at this point...

Message 8 of 9
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Odd, maybe try giving them a call?

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.