cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply online for Citi secured card anymore?

tag
tobey
Contributor

Can't apply online for Citi secured card anymore?

I had my bank info ready and I was just about to apply online for a citi secured mastercard only to find they've gone back to the old way of doing it by making you fill out a pdf and mailing a check to them! This sucks, why would they do that? Too many apps?

Ugh, I hate writing checks...

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can't apply online for Citi secured card anymore?

@tobey wrote:

I had my bank info ready and I was just about to apply online for a citi secured mastercard only to find they've gone back to the old way of doing it by making you fill out a pdf and mailing a check to them! This sucks, why would they do that? Too many apps?

Ugh, I hate writing checks...

Are you certain? I applied online for, and was approved for, two citi secured cards, one in December 2009 and another in January 2010, but this was before the new laws went into effect. Maybe that's why it changed.
Message Edited by missypants on 03-04-2010 04:40 PM
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 2 of 5
tobey
Contributor

Pretty certain. I know for a fact the online application system was up yesterday, that's what kills me. If only I had applied yesterday.

It says it takes them 4 weeks to process apps via snail mail. Good thing playing the credit score game has tought me patience...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That really sucks, I actually had just applied yesterday at around 3 am., and then saw the money came out of my bank account today around 1:30am and I had went back on to the site to see the disclosures on when it would be withdrawn, if it meant approval or not, and saw that you had to print it and send it? I work for Citi Cards in the fraud department and we sometimes approve mail applications, more often over the phone apps. but the mail ones take FOREVER.
Message 4 of 5
tobey
Contributor

Hmm, perhaps I'll do it over the phone... Didn't even know that was an option.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.