Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't believe I resisted.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't believe I resisted.....

In my rebuilding days I did all those SCT cards and still have a few I let age to two years before I close.  I've been trying to garden.  I went to buy a few things from Modell's and I had a pop up for a Modell's VISA (although I saw the apr listed both the modells visa and store card so i was suspect if i'd even get the visa to begin with), but I filled out the whole prescreened app and right before I hit "submit," I sat there managed to find the will in me to not hit it and instead hit "no thanks," and just bought it with my Capital One card.  

Not a big deal to most but a huge deal for me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Can't believe I resisted.....

Its good to avoid temptation. Good job.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol i'm proud of you for resisting. It's difficult trying to fight temptation sometimes!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In my rebuilding days I did all those SCT cards and still have a few I let age to two years before I close.  I've been trying to garden.  I went to buy a few things from Modell's and I had a pop up for a Modell's VISA (although I saw the apr listed both the modells visa and store card so i was suspect if i'd even get the visa to begin with), but I filled out the whole prescreened app and right before I hit "submit," I sat there managed to find the will in me to not hit it and instead hit "no thanks," and just bought it with my Capital One card.  

It will get easier as time goes on.

Message 4 of 7
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally speaking, I commend U on doing what many wouldnt hav done.... cheers.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing a few weeks ago with the Overstock pop-up. I swear it felt like I stared at that screen for about an hour debating whether or not I should hit the submit button. It was so hard to click "no thanks."

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, felt great.  Been several months since I've apped and I haven't gone this long without apping since I started rebuilding.  I just need to hit that one year mark at least.  

I would like to finally dump some secured cards soon though lol.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.