Established Contributor
MountainHiker

Re: Can't call Chase love!!

holasenora wrote:

I had a CO with Chase (a department store card through Chase), that was CO'd in 2005. It has since fallen off of my reports. I applied for the Chase Freedom yesterday and got the 7-10 day message. I called the recon number, and they asked me to explain that CO. I basically told them I was young (18) with my first job, which I then lost and was unable to pay it. He said I answered it satisfactorily and approved me for $3000. So glad I tried it!

I agree it's possible to get back in with chase after having a Chase unpaid collection. The key is having current clean credit, which I do not, because of the one remaining collection. Will try again around this time next year.Between now and then I will pay off Amex in order to get off their blacklist.And will switch my focus by going after cards I've never had,Discover,Citi,Barclay,GE, & Credit Unions.Will attempt these in march.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Have you tried a PFD with the remaining collection MH?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
MountainHiker

LS2982 wrote:

LS

Do you think PFD is tolerant with new applicants with older collection on their credit history? I only have the one but at this point I'm a little gun shy because of the consecutive rejections.

Goal 750 Across

Established Contributor
MountainHiker

LS2982 wrote:

Sorry!! I mis-understood your post. I would like to pay off the debt but its not possible until the 7 year mark hits.They will not agree to a pay and delete. So will have to wait till march when it falls off. I want to pay off Amex,Chase and BofA. I only want Amex and Chase back in the fold.BofA was nice but this time around I want about 4 credit cards. That will be more than enough.

Goal 750 Across

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+