Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't downgrade CSP to freedom?

tag
PointLager
Established Contributor

Re: Can't downgrade CSP to freedom?

I wonder if I should try to walk a rep through both steps of the PC? Have them process CSP -> CS then CS --> feeedom

Message 21 of 27
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:

I PC'd my CSP -> CS -> Freedom last year.

List of cards CSP can PC to is just CS.

List of cards that CS can PC to is Freedom and Slate.

If you really want Freedom, just PC from CSP to CS and then PC that to Freedom like I did.

I don't remember how soon after PCing to CS, I PCd again to Freedom but I don't think it was too far apart.

This is how I did it too (about 1.5 years ago). I now have two Freedom cards since one was a PC. 

Message 22 of 27
PointLager
Established Contributor

Just PCed to a CS. The rep said there are no further options for PC out of CS. I will have to "wait until offers come up" and that if I want freedom I need to apply for it.

I called the EO at this point- maybe I should have called them first. They'll open a case for me. If they won't PC me either this card is getting SDed. (Will prob move the bulk of my line to United Club then). United club is a signature card so I don't need two sig cards. Keep whatever minimum is required on the CS.
Message 23 of 27
PointLager
Established Contributor

Good news. EO came through and the switch was made.
Message 24 of 27
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@PointLager wrote:

Congrats

Message 25 of 27
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Congrats, OP!  Glad it worked out Smiley Very Happy

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointLager wrote:

Cool. If I don't have a better offer showing on prequal, I may do this with my CSP as well since i've already collected on the $225 bonus. 15.99% sure as heck beats 22.99% after promo.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.