Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't figure out JCPenney at ALL!

tag
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can't figure out JCPenney at ALL!

@Creditaddict wrote:

Declined for the 3rd time in the last 2 years with JCPenney!

I just don't get it but it's clearly a sign I don't shop at JCPenney and they are helping me continue that Smiley Tongue

if you got every card you wanted, who would feed your addiction? it's a big conspiracy if you ask me. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I just don't get it but it's clearly a sign I don't shop at JCPenney and they are helping me continue that Smiley Tongue

if you got every card you wanted, who would feed your addiction? it's a big conspiracy if you ask me. Smiley Wink

Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 16
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I applied and got the 7-10 day message. It most likely will be a decline.

Message 13 of 16
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Don't feel bad... I applied with my current credit score (772), and they gave me a credit limit of... (Are you sitting down?) $124.00! Why such a low, odd amount? I can charge a WHOLE $39 dollars on it & NOT trigger a  high balance alert! Soooo I use my other cards that the interest rate is 50% lower & have some rewards for purchases.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 16
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

GE approves JCP Credit cards with a score of 600 and bellow but again, they do consider other factors as well

If I were you) I wait for the letter, go to the store grab a couple of jeans and have the clerk call them for me.

Someone doesn't know GE very well! (you can't recon GE) they are just a big computer system that doesn't always make a lot of sense... no biggie

Now, I know how GE operates. Thank you for the Tip.

Message 15 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

Don't feel bad... I applied with my current credit score (772), and they gave me a credit limit of... (Are you sitting down?) $124.00! Why such a low, odd amount? I can charge a WHOLE $39 dollars on it & NOT trigger a  high balance alert! Soooo I use my other cards that the interest rate is 50% lower & have some rewards for purchases.

At least with $124, you have an open account, and you can call Credit Solutions to request a more appropriate credit line.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.