Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get a preapproval from Chase

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't get a preapproval from Chase

Agreed. Same scenario for myself. Not going to sweat it either.

Message 11 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

No reason to stress over it. If you want a card app for it. Prequals can be marginally useful for giving you an idea of if you'll be approved for something but in no way should they be counted on.

If you want something, and you feel your profile supports it, apply for it. Common sense and judgement goes a long way. Just from reading around here you will get a reasonable idea of which scores/profiles get what, and what isn't good enough. You'll be able to decide reasonably well if you can be approved, and if not approved, you recon. If still not approved, you move on with your life and try again later. No reason to stress about a credit card prequal.

Message 12 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

It actually took me 6 mnths to get a pre approval. I tried in oct 14. Finally in April I got one. For slate. And freedom. I noticed I only applied for 2 cards in that time. So maybe that helped. Recent inquiries were only 2. So I will see how long before next pre approval. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From my understanding they also softpull TU for preapprovals,

I know my Experian and Equifax have a 120+ late from '13 but has been paid in full.

Right now Experian reporting at 660. Do you guys think I can get approved for CSP. Inquiries, Experian/Equifax 19 and TU 3.

No you will not get the CSP.  

Chase flip flops between Experian and TU.  At the moment Chase is running on Experian, not TU.  

Chase was using TU around mid April.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know my Experian and Equifax have a 120+ late from '13 but has been paid in full.

Right now Experian reporting at 660. Do you guys think I can get approved for CSP. Inquiries, Experian/Equifax 19 and TU 3.

No you will not get the CPS.  

Chase flip flops between Experian and TU.  At the moment Chase is running on Experian, not TU.  Chase was using TU up to around mid April.

Only one way to find out.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No you will not get the CPS.  

Chase flip flops between Experian and TU.  At the moment Chase is running on Experian, not TU.  Chase was using TU up to around mid April.

Only one way to find out.

Yeah, sure why not.  What's 1 more EX pull anyways? Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.