Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get approved for BCE? No Worries, here is how I did it

tag
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't get approved for BCE? No Worries, here is how I did it

Now im itching to try this but darn ...not sure if i should tbh !!!!

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 11 of 16
Trigga
Regular Contributor

I wonder if you get approved for the card if its automatic that you can do the switch to BCE ....or is it something in the credit reports thats pulled that would stop some people from PCing to another revolver

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 12 of 16

I doubt it, since my score had to be lower when I PC'ed to BCE compared to when I directly applied for BCE, due to 2 new accounts and 2 new inquires reporting.  LIke some said, you can get the Delta and wait a while and get the bonus.  I didn't care for the bonus since Delta is useless to me. I use my CSP for travel since I mainly fly United for work. 

Message 13 of 16

millenion-  You can PC from charge card to another charge card and a revolver to another revolver. You can't go from a charge card to a revolver...  The BCE has no sign up bonus.  The Delta card does, if you can use 10,000 miles from Delta then use it for one billing cycle and then PC to BCE.  You aren't losing anything from BCE by PC'ing.    I could careless about Delta miles so for me I did not care one bit.

Message 14 of 16
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

Bears-Purdue Fan, BCE does have a sign up bonus. It's 100.00 if applying through Amex or 150.00 if applying through credit.com
EX 805 FICO, EQ Fico 762; TU. 768Discover)
Message 15 of 16
Contributor

@Bluedog23 wrote:
Bears-Purdue Fan, BCE does have a sign up bonus. It's 100.00 if applying through Amex or 150.00 if applying through credit.com

Yep, which is why I'll just wait until my scores are high enough to get directly approved for the BCE. I've been trying for a few months now with negative results.

Ah well, I really have no need for it since my other cards surpass it in every cashback category. I just love the way it looks. Smiley Tongue

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.