Did you mean: 

Can't get approved.

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Can't get approved.

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Those are Fico Scores from myFICO. I did get a denial paper back from an inquiry stating my score was 620. I've had several inquiries in the past year. Probably more than 8. But really... How am I suppose to get a CC if I don't apply? With Barclay I've had four (I actually started applying with them in late Sept.). 

I have no bad loans. I own my car, I rent my living area, and I make a decent wage. I've never really considered my credit score until recently, within a year or so, because I'd like to get a house.

IMHO wait another 3 months 

Continue to pay on time keep UTL 1-9% reported and you should see a scoring bump into the mid 600 range 

Barclay, Discover can be obtained with scores in that area

What's killing your scores right now is you keep applying for Barclay and each time you try you lose 3-5 points so rough EST in 2 month you lost 12-20 point 

I know it can be hard sometimes but good credit is a marathon not a sprint ............so stay the course 

+1 and also agree going for a Walmart card I started with a $700 store card 3 years ago. You could also try the shopping card trick. Do a search for it at the top of the page.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.