Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get out of this!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get out of this!!!!

Ok I have worked my but off to get my credit scores up but I still can not get any credit cards.. I just applied for the Chase amazon and was declined because of too many delinquent accouts. Im confused my credit scores are Tr 708 ex680 and eq 704. What can I do?? Those accounts are killing me They date back until 05.. I was told not to pay them

Is there any card that I can get? Only 1 inquire in a year which was a week ago. I though my credit was getting goog but I guess not I started off with scores of 470
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't get out of this!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I have worked my but off to get my credit scores up but I still can not get any credit cards.. I just applied for the Chase amazon and was declined because of too many delinquent accouts. Im confused my credit scores are Tr 708 ex680 and eq 704. What can I do?? Those accounts are killing me They date back until 05.. I was told not to pay them

Is there any card that I can get? Only 1 inquire in a year which was a week ago. I though my credit was getting goog but I guess not I started off with scores of 470

Hi cableguy...welcome.

Where did you get your scores? These may not be your FICO scores. There are a lot of "credit scores" sold, but they are based on many different models, and, just as importantly, on too many different scales. They may not even be close to your true FICO scores. You might want to pull your actual FICO scores if these are not FICOs.

I would suggest that you do some reading here on the Credit Card forum about secured cards. This may be your best bet. Don't apply anywhere until you've done your research.

Also, you can get some good advice on the Rebuilding Your Credit forum about your old accounts. Credit rebuilding takes a lot of time and patience. Hang in there and do all your homework about where you are now and where you want to be.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent advice for Lynette!

I'll also add that, from the anecdotes that I read here in these forums, Chase is no easy app. Charge-offs will hurt badly. And, some lenders blacklist too. I think you'd see much better results repairing first & rebuilding later. But, definitely, research, research, research before apping again!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using True Credit for scores.. I also applied because I have seen people with lower credit scores than me get cards... What is a good card that I should get?
Message 4 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been using True Credit for scores.. I also applied because I have seen people with lower credit scores than me get cards... What is a good card that I should get?

Those are not FICO scores. You will not see the words "FICO score" anywhere on that site.

No one has been able to pull their own Experian score since last February. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Equifax score at www.equifax.com and your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. 

It's not just scores that creditors look at. They see your entire credit history, good and bad to help make a decision. They are seeing something that is making them skittish.

Message 5 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To truly do your "homework" before applying, you really need to know your FICO scores.

Equifax: You can get your EQ FICO score either here at this site, or directly from the Equifax site.

TransUnion: Again, you can get your TU FICO here, or at transunioncs.com (note the 'cs').

FICO scores are only one part of the equation. Income matters. Other debts matter. Derogatory information on your credit reports matters.

By letting us know what your FICO scores are and what negatives you have on your report, you'll get some good advice here. But you have to know where you're starting before you can decide where you're headed.

ETA: marinevietvet types a bit faster than I do!

Message Edited by LynetteM on 01-20-2010 07:21 PM
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I just did the credit score from this site and it gives me TU 630 and ex589  What a difference!  I have a ways to go I guess
Message 7 of 17
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow I just did the credit score from this site and it gives me TU 630 and ex589  What a difference!  I have a ways to go I guess

Perhaps you meant EQ.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea EQ   Will applying for the chase hurt me now? I only have 1 inquiry
Message 9 of 17
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Now that you have your REAL Fico scores:

1. Apply for secured cards only. Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo and US Bank have secured cards. Research them first on their websites.

2. Stay away from subprime cards that charge crazy "processing fees" like First Premier, New Millenium and some Orchard Bank/HSBC cards.  

3. Use your secured cards wisely for a year or two.

4. Don't apply for other credit unless it's absolutely necessary.

5. THEN apply for regular, unsecured cards. 

I have a Citibank Secured Mastercard myself.   

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.