Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get out of this!!!!

tag
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't get out of this!!!!

+1

OP, Im afraid chase would be a no go. Whats holding your scores down. You would have to work on that for now. Simultaneously, as suggested, open a couple of secured cards. Opening them with a good CU would help build a relationship. 

Message 11 of 17
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

If you can, get those secured thru a credit union where you live since CUs take better care of you and can get some great services most of the time.  I have Orchard myself, they can vary via the Annual Fee if I am not mistaken and are a pretty good card.  Use their preselector, it should be a soft so no hard pull until you apply so it tells ya want secured and annual they wanna give ya.  If not, then try the major banks but go for a CU first!

~JD
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't I be better just using my bank visa check card?  Seems the secured card would be the same?  I have 8 bad collections 2 are paid  but are still on there I have 3 open accounts 1 fingerhut citi auto and student loan all of them have never been paid late in the past 2-3 years I have no credit cards so maybe I should keep it that way?  My score went from 470 to 630 in one year I must be doing something right..
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a quick response, your Visa check card is NOT a credit card, this will not improve your FICO scores.
Message 14 of 17
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I have worked my but off to get my credit scores up but I still can not get any credit cards.. I just applied for the Chase amazon and was declined because of too many delinquent accouts. Im confused my credit scores are Tr 708 ex680 and eq 704. What can I do?? Those accounts are killing me They date back until 05.. I was told not to pay them

Just FYI, I also use transunion credit reporting site and they just recently (within a month or so) began reporting the vantage score on the account, rather than a regular FAKO.  I noticed because in a day my Transunion 3-in-1 FAKOs went from 700's to 840's.......and I was like that's WAY to good to be true.  The Vantage score is out of 990 (rather than 850 like real FICOS), so that's why your scores are adjusted so high.  Which explains why are real FICOs are so much lowers (although FAKOs / FICOs often don't align well).  

Message 15 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Hey Cableguy!!!  Welcome to the forums!!!

Please....spill the dirt Smiley Very Happy  Fill us in on the bad stuff.

WHO?

Status? ...chargeoff? lates, but still open?  Original acct sold to CA??  Who is the CA? What isPIF &what is still owed?

Personally, I would do some housecleaning before apping again.  Some CA's will accept a PFD, but you need to be sure to get it in writing!!!

Come back & fill us in.  We've all been there, so nothing you post will surprise us...we've all seen the black marks on our own reports.

Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@ChemGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I have worked my but off to get my credit scores up but I still can not get any credit cards.. I just applied for the Chase amazon and was declined because of too many delinquent accouts. Im confused my credit scores are Tr 708 ex680 and eq 704. What can I do?? Those accounts are killing me They date back until 05.. I was told not to pay them

Just FYI, I also use transunion credit reporting site and they just recently (within a month or so) began reporting the vantage score on the account, rather than a regular FAKO.  I noticed because in a day my Transunion 3-in-1 FAKOs went from 700's to 840's.......and I was like that's WAY to good to be true.  The Vantage score is out of 990 (rather than 850 like real FICOS), so that's why your scores are adjusted so high.  Which explains why are real FICOs are so much lowers (although FAKOs / FICOs often don't align well).  

TC is a TransUnion product and also recently changed to reporting Vantage scores. It was previously TransRisk.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.