Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get rid/upgrade my of my AMEX Zync

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't get rid/upgrade my of my AMEX Zync

Apply for the card you want,  take advantage of any special bonuses it has, sometimes lenders attach flags to cards that start out at very low or unusially low credit limits and its easier to just get another card, with AMEX  applications for another card is usually a SP unless approved, YMMV but its the case most of the time. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had an AMEX Zync card for about 5 years now with a 500 limit. I've been trying for months to get AMEX to convert this into a better card, as they no longer make the Zync and my limit is so low. My FICO is 684 and I've applied for the every day and got denied. Apparently the Zync is not-upgradable and everytime I speak with someone on the phone it just go around and around and around and they look at my account and go "you've been with us for 5 years and made every payment on time I'm not sure why we can't get you a new one" and then nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

As others have said, a ZYNC with a hard limit typically cannot be upgraded. Those with a no preset spend limit (NPSL) can be changed. Amex has been harassing me to upgrade my ZYNC to a PRG. They will have to pry my cold, dead hands off my $25 per year ZYNC. 

Message 12 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had an AMEX Zync card for about 5 years now with a 500 limit. I've been trying for months to get AMEX to convert this into a better card, as they no longer make the Zync and my limit is so low. My FICO is 684 and I've applied for the every day and got denied. Apparently the Zync is not-upgradable and everytime I speak with someone on the phone it just go around and around and around and they look at my account and go "you've been with us for 5 years and made every payment on time I'm not sure why we can't get you a new one" and then nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

As others have said, a ZYNC with a hard limit typically cannot be upgraded. Those with a no preset spend limit (NPSL) can be changed. Amex has been harassing me to upgrade my ZYNC to a PRG. They will have to pry my cold, dead hands off my $25 per year ZYNC. 

Now I wish I would have never upgraded my ZYNC. That was / is a great card... Oh well. I thought it was "cool" looking, for sure!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 15
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

the reason I won't upgrade or give up my ZYNC is backdating that no longer happens, and I don't think i can justify the AF of the other cards long term, so I will just keep the zync and apply for PRG when I feel need, keep it for a year for the free AF then to the shredder it goes unless they waive the AF. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 14 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

At least with the your Amex's , you get to say you're

n ' ZYNCSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.