Reply
Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.

The person who works with people with credit issues (works along with my lender) has advised me not to worry about this but I don't want to ignore it or any other obligations that I have.  I think it's the same debt but just passed along.  I thought she said if I paid it that it could make my score worse.  Can you please take a look and let me know the best thing to do?  Advice truly appreciated!

 

CAPITAL ONE

81-Month Payment History

PO Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT-841300281

Account Number: XXXX Status: CHARGEOFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit:

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $500

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due

every month)

Date Opened: 04/06/2002 Balance: $1,798

Date Reported: 10/07/2012 Amount Past Due: $1,798

Date of Last Payment: 08/2007 Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment

Amount:

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported:

04/2008 Months Reviewed: 99

Creditor Classification: Activity Designator: Closed

Charge Off Amount: $1,011 Deferred Payment Start

Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency: 10/2007

Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress,

Charged off account

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2012 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2011 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2010 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2009 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2008 90 120 120 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2007 * * * * 30 60 * * * * 30 60

2006 * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

CAPITAL ONE

BANK USA

11/01/1996 $0 05/01/2011 CHARGEOFF

$1,400

CAPITAL ONE

PO Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT-841300281

Account Number: XXXX Status: CHARGEOFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit:

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $1,400

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due

every month)

Date Opened: 11/01/1996 Balance: $0

Date Reported: 05/01/2011 Amount Past Due:

Date of Last Payment: 08/2007 Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment

Amount:

Date of Last Activity: N/A

81-Month Payment History

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported:

04/2008 Months Reviewed: 99

Creditor Classification: Activity Designator: Transfer/Sold

Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start

Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency: 10/2007

Comments: Charged off account

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2011 * * * *

2010 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2009 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2008 90 120 120 CO * * * * * * * *

2007 * * * 30 60 * * * * * 30 60

2006 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2005 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2004 * * * * *

CAPITAL ONE

BANK USA

$0 05/01/2011 CHARGEOFF

$500

 

CAPITAL ONE

81-Month Payment History

PO Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT-841300281

Account Number: XXXX Status: CHARGEOFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit: $1,047

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $500

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due

every month)

Date Opened: 05/01/2005 Balance: $0

Date Reported: 05/01/2011 Amount Past Due:

Date of Last Payment: 11/2007 Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment

Amount:

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported:

07/2008 Months Reviewed: 64

Creditor Classification: Activity Designator: Transfer/Sold

Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start

Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency: 12/2007

Comments: Charged off account

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2011 * * * *

2010 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO * * * *

2009 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2008 30 60 90 120 120 * CO CO CO CO CO CO

2007 * * * * 30 60 * * * * * *

2006 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2005 * * * * * * * *

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.


NY_Beauty wrote:

The person who works with people with credit issues (works along with my lender) has advised me not to worry about this but I don't want to ignore it or any other obligations that I have.  I think it's the same debt but just passed along.  I thought she said if I paid it that it could make my score worse.  Can you please take a look and let me know the best thing to do?  Advice truly appreciated!

 

CAPITAL ONE

81-Month Payment History

PO Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT-841300281

Account Number: XXXX Status: CHARGEOFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit:

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $500

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due

every month)

Date Opened: 04/06/2002 Balance: $1,798

Date Reported: 10/07/2012 Amount Past Due: $1,798

Date of Last Payment: 08/2007 Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment

Amount:

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported:

04/2008 Months Reviewed: 99

Creditor Classification: Activity Designator: Closed

Charge Off Amount: $1,011 Deferred Payment Start

Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency: 10/2007

Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress,

Charged off account

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2012 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2011 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2010 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2009 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2008 90 120 120 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2007 * * * * 30 60 * * * * 30 60

2006 * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

CAPITAL ONE

BANK USA

11/01/1996 $0 05/01/2011 CHARGEOFF

$1,400

CAPITAL ONE

PO Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT-841300281

Account Number: XXXX Status: CHARGEOFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit:

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $1,400

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due

every month)

Date Opened: 11/01/1996 Balance: $0

Date Reported: 05/01/2011 Amount Past Due:

Date of Last Payment: 08/2007 Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment

Amount:

Date of Last Activity: N/A

81-Month Payment History

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported:

04/2008 Months Reviewed: 99

Creditor Classification: Activity Designator: Transfer/Sold

Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start

Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency: 10/2007

Comments: Charged off account

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2011 * * * *

2010 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2009 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2008 90 120 120 CO * * * * * * * *

2007 * * * 30 60 * * * * * 30 60

2006 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2005 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2004 * * * * *

CAPITAL ONE

BANK USA

$0 05/01/2011 CHARGEOFF

$500

 

CAPITAL ONE

81-Month Payment History

PO Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT-841300281

Account Number: XXXX Status: CHARGEOFF

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit: $1,047

Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $500

Term Duration: Terms Frequency: Monthly (due

every month)

Date Opened: 05/01/2005 Balance: $0

Date Reported: 05/01/2011 Amount Past Due:

Date of Last Payment: 11/2007 Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment

Amount:

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency

First Reported:

07/2008 Months Reviewed: 64

Creditor Classification: Activity Designator: Transfer/Sold

Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start

Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency: 12/2007

Comments: Charged off account

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2011 * * * *

2010 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO * * * *

2009 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO

2008 30 60 90 120 120 * CO CO CO CO CO CO

2007 * * * * 30 60 * * * * * *

2006 * * * * * * * * * * * *

2005 * * * * * * * *


-Who is reporting this on your CR??

-Is it listed multiple times??

 

Looks like it was CO in 2008, its 4 years old. I wouldn't fool with it let it fall off in 3 years. Hopefully they do not come after you for it. If they do I would go the PFD route.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.

120 and 120 can not be back to back that's improperly documented but what state do you reside in?


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,154
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.

Dispute dispute dispute!!! Do not talk to C1 or any collectors and dispute these with all 3 cras asap. If the dispute is unsuccessful, they should fall off within 7 years of the DOFD(date of first default).....
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.

[ Edited ]

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute dispute dispute!!! Do not talk to C1 or any collectors and dispute these with all 3 cras asap. If the dispute is unsuccessful, they should fall off within 7 years of the DOFD(date of first default).....

First opt out, remove all old addresses, dispute with CRA, DV the CA , 623 the OC, file complaints with CFPB and BBB Attorney general etc wait profit! there's more steps in between so do some research :smileyhappy:

 

and oh yea if he lives in NY he can get it deleted in 5 years as long as he settles. LOL the name being NY Beauty I'm assuming it's a SHE now. NY state FCRA states PAID collections are deleted in 5 years not 7, and she's in LUCK her first date of delinquency is exactly 5 years LOL

 

So make an offer to settle for $200 and dispute dispute dispute New York


Article 25 - FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT 
§ 380-j
(iv) accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss
which antedate the report by more than seven years; or accounts placed
for collection or charged to profit and loss, which have been paid and
which antedate the report by more than five years;


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.

I live in NJ.  Going to have to do some research just to understand the abbreviations before figuring out what you all mean!  Hee hee!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.

Is there something I can do about the 120 120?  Understanding the credit report is a feat in itself.  I am learning more about it each time I look at it.  It's like a schematic! 

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.


NY_Beauty wrote:

I live in NJ.  Going to have to do some research just to understand the abbreviations before figuring out what you all mean!  Hee hee!


it would be 100 times easier to move in with a friend even if it's for a couple weeks to NY :smileywink:    (seriously) it could take upto a year to remove there's A LOT of run arounds. You can get rid of ANYTHING if you push it hard enough but it's VERY time consuming. Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA) and OC (Original creditor example : capital one) often cut corners to maximize profits, and they cut corners they are'nt supposed to. That's about all I think I can say here =)


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,230
Registered: ‎09-16-2011

Re: Can't make sense of this... Help appreciated.


NY_Beauty wrote:

I live in NJ.  Going to have to do some research just to understand the abbreviations before figuring out what you all mean!  Hee hee!


Hi!  hehe, I know what you mean!

 

Here is a couple of threads that may be able to help you!

 

Common Abbreviations

 

Frequently Requested Threads

 

That should give you a good start!  Feel free to ask questions as you go along, if you don't understand what someone has just posted!

 

Regarding your Cap1 accounts listed above, they are showing different "Opened" dates.   Did you open three different cards?  If not, then there is likely a reporting error. 

 

Feel free to head over to the MyFico Rebuilding Forum for advice on how to go about fixing these items.

 

Good luck!


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+