Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay Bof A

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't pay Bof A

I get paid on Fridays, and whenever I use my bank's online bill payment they send the money on the Friday when I get paid, and it always credit's my BoA CC on Saturdays, both of them.  So maybe try that way in the future. 

Now the bank won't send the money on Saturday or Sunday, but I can get BoA to credit my account on a Saturday by sending themoney on Friday.

Message 11 of 21
jackg
Established Contributor

Well, it's Monday and it still won't allow me to pay on line. It seems that, because it shows "0" balance due it won't accept thae payment. This method has worked up until this month. I'm sure it's an accounting trick to reflect a higher stock value.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why it won't let you pay early, but in my experience with BOA they report the true balance a couple weeks after payment, not the statement balance. If that's the case with everyone, I wouldn't worry about paying it early. Has this not been how it reports for you?

Message 13 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

We have three different types of BofA cards in our family, and each one reports the amount on the statement, on the statement date. Back when TrueCredit was still good, and we could pull all three daily, the new balance showed up on Experian the day after statement date, and EQ and TU wandered along during the next week.

Which kind of card do you have?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange! The card belongs to my SO, and is the 99/500 card. Since it's a rebuilder card, do you think they're just nicer about the reporting? Maybe we just got lucky.

Message 15 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Maybe that's the difference. I don't know about them being "nice", lol, but I can see that the cards might be on a different cycle than the unsecured cards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 21
jackg
Established Contributor

The BoA card I have is "Gold" and has a $2,000 C.L. It reports to the CRA's on the 22nd. The closing date is the 21st. Odd don't you think?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 17 of 21
jackg
Established Contributor

To clarify, this is not a "secured card".

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can no longer pay my "closed card" on there website... The Customer Rep directed me to https://www.myeasypayment.com/Enter.aspx for all future payments.
Message 19 of 21
jackg
Established Contributor

tiffj- Thanks for the tip but, no-go. It says I have a zero balance.

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.