Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay down Citi AAdvantage?!

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

Can't pay down Citi AAdvantage?!

I applied for the AAdvantage last month for the 50k miles bonus and just hit the $3k mark for my balance this month. My limit is $3,500 so I was wanting to pay down before the statement closes, but  when I try to submit an other payment, it tells me it can't be more than my statement balance, which is $0 since I haven't had one yet! Is there anyway to pay this down before the statement closes out?! Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can't pay down Citi AAdvantage?!

@ssmith891 wrote:

I applied for the AAdvantage last month for the 50k miles bonus and just hit the $3k mark for my balance this month. My limit is $3,500 so I was wanting to pay down before the statement closes, but  when I try to submit an other payment, it tells me it can't be more than my statement balance, which is $0 since I haven't had one yet! Is there anyway to pay this down before the statement closes out?! Smiley Mad

Short answer no.  Since it appears this may be a fairly new account and no statement has previously cut, it may not allow any payment to be submitted as of yet.  If you need to pay if off before the statement cycle generates, you would have to push the payment through your bank.  If your statement cycles this weekend, then it will post a statement balance, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 6
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

can't you try to call and ask the credit card rep to see if they can take the payment?

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
+1

And to add to the above, Citi (similar to other banks) tend to limit the number of online payments made within the same statement cycle.

Message 5 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

two options: push it through your bank with bill pay or you can call the 800 number on the back of the card and do a payment by phone (i did with my TYP and plan on doing it with my new Aadvantage account also since it doesnt let me make a payment for same reason.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.