cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this be right? CSP with that score?

tag
BullsEye10
New Contributor

Re: Can this be right? CSP with that score?

@ryanbush wrote:

I would also hate for someone to apply thinking they had a higher chance of approvel then they did because of your post, when less that 30% of the time they are going to use the scores you posted.  You also don't have first hand experience of Chases' lending practices so I think that point is moot.  I know from spending time on here that they use experian the majority of the time and the only time.

What was your prior relationship with Chase?  

50% of the time they use the scores that I shared on WhoGaveMeCredit.com.

What I made sure to highlight earlier was that what I thought was the deciding factors - 0.00% utilization rate and an income just over $150,000.00.

And as stated earlier, I had no prior relationship with Chase except for an auto loan.

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer
Message 31 of 33
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

This is also the reason why your application score with Chase must have been very high. Do you remember what this was?   My application score was 691 with Chase but  Fico EX 809 and Fico EQ 793. Was not enough for instant approval on the Freedom. The application score was so much lower because I went on app spree. From 2 cards to 6 cards or in other words from 8,5K to 26,5K in 6 weeks. Chase was the last of the 4 new cards to get issued. Chase did some serious back ground check which I really appreciated rather than simply decline me. After all my app spree looked like "desperate for credit"  and after nearly 2 months I did not expect a positive answer anymore. It was a nice surprise and worth the 2nd hard pull after 6 weeks.  Thanks Chase - love the card.

Message 32 of 33
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Yep, must be you, Boo...the income is the same.  I remember thinking, well, he/she has a nice income.  If it was verified that might be a big factor.  Good on you.

@BullsEye10 wrote:

Hi Randeman:

I think you are talking about me, actually, and yes, it was 100% honest.

After I was approved I posted it to "WhoGaveMeCredit.com" and also on this site. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Applied-for-Chase-Sapphire-Preferred-Approved-for-Sapph...

I was approved last June with a $22,500.00 limit and a 668 Equifax score.

It is also important to note (as I think this is why I got the card and limit) that my utilization rate was 0% (had just paid off everything) and my income is just over $150,000.00 / year.  That same day I was also approved for the AMEX Platinum charge card.

Best of luck in obtaining the card, it is worth it.

~BullsEye10

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.