Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this happen? Ask for CLI and get CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can this happen? Ask for CLI and get CLD

@JRInWA wrote:

It happened to me in October with my Discover Card.  Opened the account in March 08.  Requested a CLI in October 08.  My CL was $3,000.  DENIED.  Then one week later CLD to $0.  In addition, the account was suspended Smiley Mad The reason?  Too many new accounts opened in past 12 months.  I called for recon.  CSR stated they needed to see 6 months of usage on ALL accounts prior to reopening account.  I closed it immediately.  Bal $0.  So anyway, yes it can happen.

Sadly, I went on an app spree afterwards Smiley Sad

Message Edited by JRInWA on 12-10-2008 03:31 AM

YIKES!

Sorry that happened to you, that really sucks. How many accounts HAD you opened in the past 12 months?

Message 11 of 20
JuliaTN
New Contributor

I applied for a BOA HELOC on a house which has $0 mtg and is worth about $150k. I have another house worth about $125k (Wells Fargo BPO'd it last year at $185k so I'm not being unrealistic) on which I owe $80k. I had two BOA CC's $26k line & $11.5k line. The larger one was just increased in Aug from $23k without me asking. On both of these cards, I usually charge the full CL each month and pay in full. I have NO derogs on my report. Not a single late payment. Ave acct age about 8-9yrs. Scores in the 710-720 range because I don't bother to PIF before it reports (ie shows high util) but BOA should be able to see that I charge $40k every month and then pay it off. Does that sound like financial trouble? Money laundering perhaps...

Long sad story short, they not only denied the HELOC, but they CLOSED both accts. Not CLD, but CLOSED.

Don't know if they are just tightening up or if they realized they were paying out $400 in rewards cash every month...

Message 12 of 20
JRInWA
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
YIKES!
Sorry that happened to you, that really sucks. How many accounts HAD you opened in the past 12 months?

Umm.... only 34.  But I need them all Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Current Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 20
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

I certainly believe that this is what happened when my GEMB were hit since all the declined came after limit increase requests.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO @ "only 34".  I needed a deep belly laugh this morning.  Thanks!  ha ha ha ha   Lordy.
Message 15 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

JRInWA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YIKES!

Umm.... only 34.  But I need them all Smiley Happy

Err, define "need," please???

And what on earth were they?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Julia,

If you charge 40k a month you need either much higher lines or a charge card like an Amex green or gold. If you PIF every month there is no reason why you shouldn't be 760 +. Your banks aren't serving your needs with those credit lines because you practically were maxing them out every month.

Message 17 of 20
JRInWA
Valued Member

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

WELL... sadly, credit cards help boost my self esteem.  When I'm feeling down, I apply for a credit card and if I'm approved, I feel better.  I like looking at them from time to time.

I've listed most of my credit cards in another posting so I won't bore you listing them again.  I have 39 credit cards.  I closed around 16 sub-prime & low limit accounts starting in December 07 - February 08.

Starting Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Current Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

JRInWA wrote: 

1-I have 39 credit cards.  2-I closed around 16 sub-prime & low limit accounts starting in December 07 - February 08.

1-wow

2-WTG!

v

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JRInWA wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

WELL... sadly, credit cards help boost my self esteem.  When I'm feeling down, I apply for a credit card and if I'm approved, I feel better.  I like looking at them from time to time.

I've listed most of my credit cards in another posting so I won't bore you listing them again.  I have 39 credit cards.  I closed around 16 sub-prime & low limit accounts starting in December 07 - February 08.

Wait-- you have 39 cards AFTER closing 16 of them? What's more amazing than having 39 cards is why he is still approved for credit and the fact that his previous creditors haven't shut him off completely. And those accounts are going to stay on his CR for 10 years!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.