cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add "POS" to the abbreviation reference page?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we add "POS" to the abbreviation reference page?

Cause my secured-now-unsecured BankAmericard Travel Rewards is exactly that, a piece of [...]

Has anyone who has had the secured BoA Platinum MC, then unsecured and product changed to a BankAmericard Travel Rewards card, confirm if they were charged an annual fee once the change was made?

When my secured card was changed over, the online CSR who did it for me said this crossover would mean no AF; I activated the card today and, feeling paranoid because this is Bank of America, I chatted again to make sure there was no AF.

Alas, there is still an AF attached to this new card, even though the promotional application page for this card says there is no AF. 

I don't actually mind if they charge a fee for a crossover from a secured card, but it really sucks to be lied to. 

I swear, there's a Darwinian, evolutionary biological imperative for feeling eerily paranoid when dealing with BoA, like when our Homidinae ancestors feared lightning or falling out of trees.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we add "POS" to the abbreviation reference page?

I'd HUACA since the publicly available Travel Rewards offer has no AF. That's really strange on BofA's part.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely HUCA, that card has no AF

(The presence of HUCA in the abbreviation reference is a soft reminder not to trust CSRs)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it would make sense just to cancel and re-apply, but I hate the idea of trading away a lie in order to get a hard pul. 

What does the acronym you used stand for? I googled it and it's "an ancient Peruvian sacred object, or any object (as a mountain, animal, shrine, or artifact) inhabited by a god or spirit."

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, it would make sense just to cancel and re-apply, but I hate the idea of trading away a lie in order to get a hard pul. 

What does the acronym you used stand for? I googled it and it's "an ancient Peruvian sacred object, or any object (as a mountain, animal, shrine, or artifact) inhabited by a god or spirit."

Hang Up And Call Again (or HUCA: Hang Up, Call Again)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I chatted with another CSR and this one said there is no annual fee on this card.

Then I voice-called the customer service number and talked to someone who confirmed, once again, that there is no annual fee.

But I'm still wondering why the CSR who told me that there *is* an annual fee would say that she's looking at my account on her screen right now, sir, and I show a $39 annual fee and that the terms of the secured card says the $39 annual fee migrates to any unsecured product, and I'll be happy to send you a copy of the terms and I'll have my supervisor contact you via telephone or email within 24 to 48 hours to confirm this. 

I can't wait. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're charging you to "unsecure" your card?Smiley Surprised AmazingSmiley Mad

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They're charging you to "unsecure" your card?Smiley Surprised AmazingSmiley Mad

Not technically, no. They are not charging me money to unsecure my card. 

I just can't get an definitive answer on whether or not the $39 fee of the secured card is waived now that the secured product was unsecured to a card that has no nominal AF. 

I knew the *second* I hit Return on this application that I would regret it. And I have. In eight months, I have run three dollars on this card, it cost me a hard pull, and tied up more than $300 in it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.