cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?

Super Contributor

Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?

Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation? They said my card is approved for $3500. I was going to ask them for $1.5K CLI to bring it upto $5k CL. Any suggestions? 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?

it will be a hard inq, good luck.
 
everything (except product changes) i have ever gotten from chase has been on recon.
Message 2 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?

What do you think chances of Chase giving CLI at activation? Or should I another 6 months ask for it? I really don't need CLI now as I have other cards with very good limits.

imducky wrote:
it will be a hard inq, good luck.
 
everything (except product changes) i have ever gotten from chase has been on recon.



Message 3 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?



concorduser wrote:
What do you think chances of Chase giving CLI at activation? Or should I another 6 months ask for it? I really don't need CLI now as I have other cards with very good limits.

imducky wrote:
it will be a hard inq, good luck.
 
everything (except product changes) i have ever gotten from chase has been on recon.





If you don't need it, why ask?  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?



concorduser wrote:
What do you think chances of Chase giving CLI at activation? Or should I another 6 months ask for it? I really don't need CLI now as I have other cards with very good limits.

imducky wrote:
it will be a hard inq, good luck.
 
everything (except product changes) i have ever gotten from chase has been on recon.





my wife tried it, got a hard inquiry and a decline. i can't figure chase out. seems they don't offer much freely, but are willing to talk it over with you.
 
i didn't even suggest a recon call for her, she has just enough individual credit to get maxed out and in trouble (at least till i can make major progress on our joint accounts).
Message 5 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?



MidnightVoice wrote:

 
If you don't need it, why ask?  Smiley Happy



because that's the best time to get it!
Message 6 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?



imducky wrote:


MidnightVoice wrote:

 
If you don't need it, why ask?  Smiley Happy



because that's the best time to get it!


Maybe not with Chase!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Can we ask Chase for CLI at activation?



MidnightVoice wrote:


imducky wrote:


MidnightVoice wrote:

 
If you don't need it, why ask?  Smiley Happy



because that's the best time to get it!


Maybe not with Chase!!


like i said, chase is a strange beast. so who knows if they ever have a best time to ask?
Message 8 of 8