Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@calihlove75 wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

I'd had strictly auto-CLIs from a starting limit of 5k up to 10.5K where it was currently.  Decided to give this a try - asked flat out for 25,000 and they countered with 12,500.  Soft pull.  I'll have to keep doing this every once in a while!  Thanks for the tip.

How long have you had your card? I have had mine 10 months. When did you get your auto CLIs?

I've had my card for just over 2 years and got my first auto CLI on my 1st year anniversary (either to 7,000 or 7,500, I don't recall).  Another I got at 1 year 9 months, and another small one at my 2 year anniversary.  I've given the card plenty of usage for both cashback and taking advantage of 0% BTs.

Message 21 of 5,746
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:
Yep

SP it is!

Man, that's awesome. Does this mean I get a Visa Signature card now or something? Or am I not fancy enough yet? I suppose if I start sticking my pinky out when drinking tea I can get the Visa Signature.

Message 22 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

5k is the minimum for a siggy card. Call them and PC it now!

No HP for that either.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 23 of 5,746
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

No HP for that either.

Ahhhh well when I was first approved they gave me a $2K siggy Smiley Surprised.

I did a recon and got it to $5K because what's the purpose of a siggy with a 2k limit?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 24 of 5,746
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

No HP for that either.

Just got off the phone with NFCU. She converted it over to the Signature card. Told me my APR will stay the same and she had me redeem my rewards just in case they didn't transfer over. Does the signature affect anything? I hope my credit limit still reports and I can eventually get in on the bonus cashback categories they're beta testing. Seems to have been a good month for me though. Got a CLI on my Citi, Discover, and NFCU cards with just soft pulls. Got approved for the Amex BCE. Now my NFCU card is a Visa Siggy card.

Message 25 of 5,746
Creditmom

Question - when asking for a CLI does it always say " We might need to verify your employment"?
Message 26 of 5,746
blunderer
Established Contributor

When I asked for a $3,000 CLI I was asked for the 2 most recent copies of my paystubs.  Note, it was my second request for a CLI and at the time I'd only had the card for 5 months.  I did get the CLI so I'm sure you will too.

Message 27 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Sometimes they ask for paystubs, sometimes they don't. It's a YMMV type of thing.

To date, I have not been asked for any paystubs. I have the siggy @ 10k and an auto loan (21.6k) with them.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 28 of 5,746
dodfire
Valued Contributor

2/20/13 - Opened Checking / Savings Account

2/21/13 - Applied for Cash Rewards Card, approved $1k

Called to recon and had to submit pay stubs CLI to $10k

3/1/13 Set up Direct Deposit

3/5/13 Applied for Flagship Signature Card, approved $5k

3/5/13 Applied and approved Auto Refi $38k 4.4% 48mos

3/10/13 Requested CLI from $5k to $10k, approved

*8/10/13
Message 29 of 5,746
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@dodfire

That's my goal, to get both my Flagship & cashRewards to 10K each. I'm happy with 5K though, no complaints here.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 30 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.