Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@pizza1 wrote:
Just an FYI.....

Spoke with a loan officer today about a car refi( they denied me last week).

They pull TU for loans and refi, and also as long as a bankruptcy still shows on the credit report, it's an automatic denial just for that reason!! I asked the loan officer that since my bk was in may of this year, it will be on reports till 2023, does that mean I can never have a personal loan, car loan, or car refi with you for the next 10 years when it's off my reports??? Her answer."... I'm sorry, yes. That's Navy's policy. " Smiley Sad I'm sooo bummed!!!! So there goes Any loans! I told her I have a a CC with them, and she said that the CC and loan departments are separate, and they both have very different lending practices and guidelines.

She also told me that yes they do pull TU for all personal loans and auto loans, and that you have to be higher than their lowest tier group, which she wouldn't tell me scores in that "lowest tier group". So, I guess having a CC with them is better than nothing, and hopefully ill get increases on it. Smiley Sad

Navy has given me auto loans navcheck and credit cards and my bk is still on my reports so yea that info you got was false.

They also have pulled all three credit bureau at times for my applications.

Message 601 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ Creditaddict.......

Believe me, I was shocked!! They pulled TU for my auto refi app, and it was only for a request of $10k! Got my denial letter in the mail and the first thing under that was bankruptcySmiley Sad I just didn't think that sounded right, so I called in to CS, and had them transfer me to the loan department, is which a preceded to ask her questions on my denial, and also when I could reapply.

As we were talking, she looked at my denial app, and said, "oh, you have a recent bankruptcy. That's an automatic denial when applying for loans", then she preceded to explain to me everything else as I mentioned above. My heart sank, and I literally had years in my eyes! Lol!!!

I asked her specifically if if was because my bk was recent and if I needed to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying, and she proceeded to tell me that I could apply, but it would be denied until the bk no longer showed . At that point I thanked her and got off the phone. I kept thinking to myself, there's got to be more to this!!! Surely there are people out there with navy that have loans AND have a bk showing!! I thought it might also have to do with the fact that I've only been a member for a few weeks.... She said no. I feel like sending a secured message about the call and hoping someone else gets it, and tells me differently! Lol
Message 602 of 5,746
starry1
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Just an FYI.....

Spoke with a loan officer today about a car refi( they denied me last week).

They pull TU for loans and refi, and also as long as a bankruptcy still shows on the credit report, it's an automatic denial just for that reason!! I asked the loan officer that since my bk was in may of this year, it will be on reports till 2023, does that mean I can never have a personal loan, car loan, or car refi with you for the next 10 years when it's off my reports??? Her answer."... I'm sorry, yes. That's Navy's policy. " Smiley Sad I'm sooo bummed!!!! So there goes Any loans! I told her I have a a CC with them, and she said that the CC and loan departments are separate, and they both have very different lending practices and guidelines.

She also told me that yes they do pull TU for all personal loans and auto loans, and that you have to be higher than their lowest tier group, which she wouldn't tell me scores in that "lowest tier group". So, I guess having a CC with them is better than nothing, and hopefully ill get increases on it. Smiley Sad

This is not true. My bk7 was discharged in Feb 2013 and navy refied my car in May 2013.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 603 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ Scmacckk.... And Starry1

Really???, I am sooo relieved to hear that there are people out there who have gotten loans and refi with them WITH their bK showing still!! That lady I spoke with acted like she couldn't believe I applied with a bk! She made me feel like **bleep** really. Everyone else I've talked to at Navy has been pleasant, and sooooo nice!!!! I've have a great experience so far, except for today when the loan rep told me all that. Is was a bit disheartening, but I'm very relieved to know that it is NOT the case and people are loans with them with bk. maybe is was also due to only being a member for 2 weeks??? Idk, but I'm gonna garden my NRewards CC with them for 6 mo, hit the luv button and see what happens. I might at that point reapply again for a car refi and see if it's a different outcome. My letter stated the pulled TU, and was a 585. See if cant get TU score up to 620 at least by may and try again???
Message 604 of 5,746
starry1
Valued Contributor

If I remember correctly, my score was about 640 when I refied. Is everything on your report showing $0 IIB? If it isn't, you really need to work on that first. Your score is kinda low, so I think you have stuff not reporting right. I think you just got ahold of a had rep, I guess even navy has to have one. If I were you I'd call back and try to get another csr.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 605 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Starry1.... Yes, I am showing 2 in "collections" that were IIB, and I'm disputing that now. But for the most part yes, there is also a paid tax lien showing in public record. I told them I could explain that. Anyway... My EQ was 653 and TU was 585 at the time of pull. I'm gonna just sit back and garden the CC for 6 months and reapply and hope I get someone different in the loan department, lol!! But I am relieved to know that that's not their policy all the time and they do extend loans. I make ok money 60k, only owe 10k on my car(put 10k down) and its a 2012 . So not upside down on the loan either! Ill try again in 6 months
Message 606 of 5,746
bekgisa

Update~

I guess I was the exception (instant approval yet HP). I received a HP on my EQ report dated 10-21 pulled by NFCU. -bummer-

Oh-well~ I did receive instant approvals for both so I'm still grateful~.

Message 607 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bekgisa wrote:

Update~

I guess I was the exception (instant approval yet HP). I received a HP on my EQ report dated 10-21 pulled by NFCU. -bummer-

Oh-well~ I did receive instant approvals for both so I'm still grateful~.

To be fair, you did ask for $40k... As we previously knew ANYTHING over $25k resulted in HP and manual review... so you did update that thought that it can be instant still possibly but it was a hp.

Message 608 of 5,746
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I like NCFU but had an experience with a loan officer or so she called herself that left me dissapointed.   I was looking into their rates for Travel Trailers.  She told me that it was considered a collateral loan and the terms were 8.5% and 60 months.   I said no, it is not a traditional collateral loan.  She said yes it is, it has a title.  I said so does a boat and a motorcyle.  I asked her what scores were needed, she didnt know.  Where do you pull the reports from, she didnt know.  Then tells me the score doesnt matter but the report does. 

By this time i was grinding my teeth.  I said look, Marine Federal and First First Flight FCU  both beat you out the door by 2% have terms up to 144 months and require a 700 or above.  Why is that I asked, she said she didnt know and admitted to being a "junior" loan officer.  I had requested a loan officer and no one else TWICE. 

Sorry I guess that was a vent more than anything.  I will tell you this though.  The CSRs rotate in the office.  Loan officers generally have individual offices.   I guess they considered taking care of the customer to be getting them in and out.   I have not given up on them yet.  One more opportunity in December when I refi a car loan and two others.

they did give me a 17.5k Visa Sig card tho Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 609 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!" [ New ]
Options
‎10-22-2013 10:00 AM

I like NCFU but had an experience with a loan officer or so she called herself that left me dissapointed. I was looking into their rates for Travel Trailers. She told me that it was considered a collateral loan and the terms were 8.5% and 60 months. I said no, it is not a traditional collateral loan. She said yes it is, it has a title. I said so does a boat and a motorcyle. I asked her what scores were needed, she didnt know. Where do you pull the reports from, she didnt know. Then tells me the score doesnt matter but the report does.

By this time i was grinding my teeth. I said look, Marine Federal and First First Flight FCU both beat you out the door by 2% have terms up to 144 months and require a 700 or above. Why is that I asked, she said she didnt know and admitted to being a "junior" loan officer. I had requested a loan officer and no one else TWICE.

Sorry I guess that was a vent more than anything. I will tell you this though. The CSRs rotate in the office. Loan officers generally have individual offices. I guess they considered taking care of the customer to be getting them in and out. I have not given up on them yet. One more opportunity in December when I refi a car loan and two others.

they did give me a 17.5k Visa Sig card tho
Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 681
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Kooldev. Sounds like we got the same loan officer! Lol!!! Regardless of my experience, I still live Navy and they did give me an unsecured nRewards card with $500 CL. I'm also 2 months post bk 7 and they usually make someone like me get a secured card first for awhile, so can't complain! I'm gonna try again for a car refi in 6 months after some history with them. I'm gonna ask for a senior loan officer next timeSmiley Happy congrats on your card though!!!
Message 610 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.