Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@pizza1 wrote:
Well, thought I was doing the "soft" try thing for navcheck last night, and got the damn 1 hour message. Smiley Sad Then it went into review, which ended up in a decline! Again!!! This is the second time! I'm soooo discouraged. He'll I've seen people in the dang 500's get the full $15k.

I feel like I'm never going to get anywhere with them, don't know what to do except garden the rest of my life!
10/12- nrewards approved $500cl
10/28- car refi app... Declined
10/28- navcheck app ... Declined
10/28- asked for cli to $800.... Declined
12/12- navcheck app again... Declined

Smiley Sad

Come hang out in the Garden and lets order a Pizza and give it time..

I understand seeing all these 20,000 25,000 clis flying around everywhere.

It's not a sprint...

Try to concentrate on your AAOA

We got your back. BTW double cheese for me,,,,Smiley Surprised

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 891 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hot4u....thanksSmiley Sad I'm literally depressed by it. I guess it's just that I heard that navy was like gold bricks for people rebuilding, and I was able to get in. I was so excited, then I read this thread over and over and saw soooo many success stories of people in my situation with BK too who were getting approved left and right, and don't understand why I'm not! It's very discouraging. I guess I just need to face the fact I'm a bad risk and will always be considered one as long as all the negatives are still showing and my bk.

At this point, I'm so done with everything. I have to move in April, and I don't think I'm gonna even get approved for an apt, so I'm really sad right now. I'm gonna pull all my freaking money out of navy and take it back to my other bank. They aren't willing to do anything for me. I run tons of money thru my $500 cc, multiple payments overall reported util between my 3 cc is 1.8% I make $60k too. (Sighs).... I've got 8 freaking inquiries that are navy alone! Oh well...

Message 892 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Hot4u....thanksSmiley Sad I'm literally depressed by it. I guess it's just that I heard that navy was like gold bricks for people rebuilding, and I was able to get in. I was so excited, then I read this thread over and over and saw soooo many success stories of people in my situation with BK too who were getting approved left and right, and don't understand why I'm not! It's very discouraging. I guess I just need to face the fact I'm a bad risk and will always be considered one as long as all the negatives are still showing and my bk.

At this point, I'm so done with everything. I have to move in April, and I don't think I'm gonna even get approved for an apt, so I'm really sad right now. I'm gonna pull all my freaking money out of navy and take it back to my other bank. They aren't willing to do anything for me. I run tons of money thru my $500 cc, multiple payments overall reported util between my 3 cc is 1.8% I make $60k too. (Sighs).... I've got 8 freaking inquiries that are navy alone! Oh well...

I thought I was unrealistic sometimes... we should both slap each other into reality...

have you not only had the card like 1 month?

not to mention you are what 5 months out of BK?

hey I'm with you Navy has not loved me nearly as much as others... INCLUDING people I GOT IN!!!

My old roommate was on the brink and he was instantly approved for $6k with no income verification.

I have been with Navy for YEARS now and have had the secured card and AU on some other people cards off and on and have used them pretty much primarily for many of those years but everytime in the past I tried to get a credit product they still wanted income verification... I NEVER have gotten an instant approval from Navy.

it wasn't until just last month that I finally got my nrewards with $1k line and that was my 2nd try and it was a manual review AND I have my DD with them now.

NavCheck declined once and withdrawn once

car loans... denied 2 today (older car and high miles I think is problem

but I find talking to Navy like talking to GE... they sound stupid because they don't seem to have any information and just go uhhh... but yet if the app goes to the right underwriter that you don't need to talk to or the computer doesn't get caught on something and you get the instant stuff like we see here... they are amazing!

but I like Bank of America or maybe even Barclay better... I want to TALK to my underwriter that is looking at my credit and telling me what is wrong and what they need to see... denial letters are about as worthless as....

and to bad for us our EQ reports are our worse... mine actually dropped 13 points today (WHAT) while my EX and TU are soaring (over 80 points in last 30-45 days) and I see others including my partner have Navy pull TU for Navcheck and auto loans and yet all of my apps (credit, Navcheck, auto) ALL EQ!!

now lets address the issues SINCE BK... maybe private message me... lets go over your reports and get you going... but don't give up on navy and put your money elsewhere just yet... what good is it going to do going to chase... BUT perhaps Logix! (they pull EX!)

Message 893 of 5,746
hot4u
Established Contributor

Take a breathe...

In long run no one will do better than NFCU.

I was in worse spot than you..

Think twice about closing/Pulling your money.

Churning the card this soon probably wouldn't help right now.

Even if you left there CC's alone AKA not used them you will get CLI'S next year.

Remember Golden Rule Inquires hurt only a year and each month goes by they hurt your score less.

Don't look at it as you are a bad risk.

There just wanting you to give it time. 

Move In April thats 4 months If you don't apply your scores should go up..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 894 of 5,746
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

Well I finally got through to membership yesterday ... All they needed was 2 forms of ID, (government issue).  I pulled DL and SS card out of wallet, snapped photo with phone, emailed them to the email address, and called back a few hours later to verify they had received and could open the attachments.

Uh-oh, someone from membership needs to talk to me... I hold about 2 minutes.

Nice young lady comes on the phone and asks if i have been a victim of fraud.  So i explain why there are fraud alerts on my reports.  She verifies some info, and BAM:

Congratulations,  you will be receiving a welcome packet in the mail in 5 to 7 business days!  Or you can go by a branch and get your access number to log in, we cannot give you that information over the phone.

YAY!.. Now to finish gardening a few more months, and see what happens!.. Will post an update in April or so.

Edited to add:  This was just for membership, not for any products yet.  I still need to finish setting up DD and stuff , will take a few pay periods for payroll to kick in correctly.

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 895 of 5,746
Scupra
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Pizza!!!!!!! STAY STRONG! We have all been where you are right now. When I was fresh out of BK I had a secured card through NFCU. After 4 months with that card I applied for my cashRewards and was approved with a $500 limit and have to send a secure message to get it bumped to $1k. 5 months later is when I got my CLI on the cashRewards which was 1 year post filing. Just keep your head up and stay in the game. Your BK is really fresh right now and Navy doesnt have a history to look at for you. I know a year from now you will have some good limits with Navy and will be thanking yourself for not leaving them.

There is a thread on another board I will leave un-named that was talking about all these $15k CC approvals through Logix FCU and a lot of them had BK's. I pulled my EX score because they soley check EX, was feeling good because it's my highest, applied....denied, not even a $500 approval AND I even reconned. I know how you feel Pizza but we have to get through this and keep our head in the game. Don't let these things get you down! We are all here to help you! FYI Logix likes the 24 month mark for BK'ers Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 896 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Creditaddict...... Lmao!!! We should slap each other!! Lol!!! That totally made laugh!!! I sent you a PM! Smiley Wink

Hot4u.... Thank you again.... I think I'm being a little too unrealistic right now, and it's my fault, lol! I am only 4 months post discharge, that's not long at all! I'm not patient and I know this is gonna be a long haulSmiley Happy

Scupra..... I'm not giving up, lol!!! My kohls approval last night helped my ego and dried my tears, lmao!!! I realize that navy just wants to give me some time to see how I handle things! That why I ubber cautious about having no more than a overall 2% util report for the next 4 months, just in case they soft me in FebruarySmiley Happy I really want a car refi more than anything right now!!! I'm paying 22% and been since July 2012!!! Not upside down on the car, never late, good standing. Santander removed my tradeline off the CRA because I didn't reaffirm it ****ers!!!! Anyway.... Sure hoping in April it looks up a littleSmiley Happy thanks for all your support! I'm watching to see what you do with navy tooSmiley Happy
Message 897 of 5,746
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Pizza,

keep your head up.  I've been through BK and I know how discouraging credit can be after a BK.  It helped me to learn the CR system and the FCRA laws.  I had horrible scores.  But with the help of this forum and with research, I have decent credit.  Its not as high as I would like but I can get financing at a pretty good rate.  Just hang in there and you will see the rewards.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 898 of 5,746
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@Pupeitmeister wrote:

Well I finally got through to membership yesterday ... All they needed was 2 forms of ID, (government issue).  I pulled DL and SS card out of wallet, snapped photo with phone, emailed them to the email address, and called back a few hours later to verify they had received and could open the attachments.

Uh-oh, someone from membership needs to talk to me... I hold about 2 minutes.

Nice young lady comes on the phone and asks if i have been a victim of fraud.  So i explain why there are fraud alerts on my reports.  She verifies some info, and BAM:

Congratulations,  you will be receiving a welcome packet in the mail in 5 to 7 business days!  Or you can go by a branch and get your access number to log in, we cannot give you that information over the phone.

YAY!.. Now to finish gardening a few more months, and see what happens!.. Will post an update in April or so.

Edited to add:  This was just for membership, not for any products yet.  I still need to finish setting up DD and stuff , will take a few pay periods for payroll to kick in correctly.

OK, so my patience didn't last... I got my red debit card, signed up for online banking, DL'd the Mobile app, and oh, wait... "preselected for cashrewards".  I pulled the trigger... gotta wait.

Fast forward to today... they called wanting additional proof of residency documents. ... and asked that I go into the local branch for verification since i have fraud alerts on my reports.... not a big deal, branch is 20 minutes away.

I am going to try to get to branch tomorrow or next day... will see what happens and post an update.

ETA:  I did call in this morning and ask that since they had pulled TU for membership and thats more then likely what triggered the "preselected" flag on my login, that they use TU for their decision, so i took an HP on EQ and on TU for this thing, at my request.   I asked if i was "conditionally approved" and the young lady said she could not verify anything, but they would more then likely not waste my time asking for documentation if it was going to be a denial.  There is a good group of customer service folks at NFCU.  I am very pleased with them so far, even if i get denied.

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 899 of 5,746
jobber123rd
Valued Member

Sent in a request for cashRewards CLI from 9k to 25k.  Didn't pay attention to the confirm screen meaning that there was no SP CLI available, so I ended up with a HP and getting denied.  The reason on the denial letter surprised me a bit -- I don't have it in front of me right now, but it cited a Public Record or Collection IIRC. The only such thing I have on my EQ report is an Amex CO, which I paid off two months before I got the cashRewards card this past April.  I'm confused, as that didn't stop me from getting a bump on the same card from 6k (the starting limit) to 9k in August (though I had to take a HP for that one, too).  I thought it would have been more likely to have the internal max credit extension limit, or current util (~50%) listed as reasons.

Message 900 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.