Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

I will definitely be waiting for the $0 balance. A little off topic I think, but I've searched online and couldn't find a definitive answer for this question:

2/3 CRAs have confirmed that a fraudulent tax lien has been removed from CR, nearly two weeks ago and I have not seen a raise in score. Could it be that all 3 have to report it during the next update to see a score jump? If so, why did I see a raise in scores mid month when my CO was updated to PIF and my lower balance was reported? I'm really confused.
Message 2301 of 5,746
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I will definitely be waiting for the $0 balance. A little off topic I think, but I've searched online and couldn't find a definitive answer for this question:

2/3 CRAs have confirmed that a fraudulent tax lien has been removed from CR, nearly two weeks ago and I have not seen a raise in score. Could it be that all 3 have to report it during the next update to see a score jump? If so, why did I see a raise in scores mid month when my CO was updated to PIF and my lower balance was reported? I'm really confused.

The scoring service(s) have various update interval(s). Or, the derogatory information may have had little, if any actual score impact, which depends on the FICO scoring model being used.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 2302 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, depending on which my model determines if I see a jump at all. But regardless of which model, should MyFico still update or perhaps MyFico uses a model that the lien would have no affect on? Is there a way that I could tell? Maybe ask the lender which model their using or app for something and ask for my score?
Message 2303 of 5,746
nitrov
Established Contributor

Did you try and recon via SM? How long have you had their CC for again? If it's been at least a year, you can also request an APR reduction simultaneously. I would make something up about wanting to do a BT for at least xx amount of money over your current CL and see if they'll give you a CLI. I'd make a case for yourself via the SM and explain you realize you made credit mistakes in the past but just bought a house (since you have that new mortgage reporting now) and need to make improvements on it such as replacing a water heater or something. That's exactly what I did and it worked beautifully for me. Doesn't hurt to try.
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 2304 of 5,746
mo15473
Contributor

I request a CLI today and ask for 25k had the card for 3 statements. received a 3-5 day noticed. This will prob be a hard pull what do you think ? Fist credit line increase I have ever requested. What do you all think. Have the rules change since this was created ? 

Message 2305 of 5,746
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah. Not instant=hp
Message 2306 of 5,746
mo15473
Contributor

dang it. i request this around 12noon today est. check all my reports no inquiry as of now. How long does this take for a response back? any idea

Message 2307 of 5,746
baller4life
Super Contributor

Probably by morning. Have you checked acct to see if there is a new limit? They won't notify you if approved. It will just appear in acct.
Message 2308 of 5,746
mo15473
Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Probably by morning. Have you checked acct to see if there is a new limit? They won't notify you if approved. It will just appear in acct.

just check nothing there yet. Guess I will have to see what happens tomorrow morning.

Message 2309 of 5,746
Chilli
Established Contributor

@CA

wanted to give an update...I finally got someone on the phone to move some of my limit again...from GoRewards to CashRewards...moved over 10K.

I waited a couple of days (today)...went on-line and requested the same (previous) limit on my GoRewards...the limit that is in the system.

So it really works...the only thing is you have to keep calling until you find someone that is willing to move the limit from one account to the other.

Message 2310 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.