Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

I would love to post something new CLI related... I feel like I might not be able to get anymore though? I have a visa platnium 20k and navcheck 15k.. am I maxed with nfcu? Are they willing to lower interest ratea over time with request, auto or only with a new product?

I am a new member just at around 30 days and have put both accounts at about 10% util to test them out, learn how the accounts work, save a few dollars interest from other lenders, and let them make a few bucks off of me. I will pay them over a few months and build some good payment history with them. After that is there ability to go much over 20k on 1 card? Do they really not mind people having 2 20k or more cards and navcheck?

Ive placed decent deposits worth about double the current credit util in the checking and savings...

My scores have recently shot from around 680 to 730 and as high as 750 in the past 60 days according to CK and amex securecredit 3x report. I credit much of that to this forum, so anyone willing to share more good information lets keep the conversation going.

Thanks!
Message 671 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Jhodfrey82....

There are several people with several accts with them! There are people on this thread with 2-3 cc's and Navcheck!! You could app for another CC with them and they wouldn't blink an eye! They will HP you for the new app though, so if you can take another HP, go for it! Your scores are good too for it! Would be up to you though! I've seen stories of people apping for another card in a little as 2 weeks of membership all the way to 1 yr! Let us know Smiley Happy
Message 672 of 5,746
jbimler
Established Member

How does this work? Do you need to be a service member to apply?

Message 673 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Jbimier.

Navy has strict membership requirements. You can get in with either being active military yourself or retired military, if your dad or mom was or is, (that's how I got in). Or if a family member is a member already. Saw one guy who got in thru his wife's dad. She was a member, and he was married to her. There are waysSmiley Happy
Message 674 of 5,746
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

I will wait for a good special promotion before I app again, I missed the flagship offer and the new offer is only worth $150. What I would really like is a home equity, but that might be a pain in the rump with full docs.

I did sponsor my DW and she has low 600's and some baddies and she joined, funded, and approved for 6k visa in 12 hours.

I am getting an itch like I should join another CU for even more of these unbelievable products, but navy might just have it all..
Message 675 of 5,746
USF813
Frequent Contributor

You guys are making me want to try for a CLI on my GoRewards! Willpower....holding out for an auto-CLI at the one year mark!
Message 676 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

USF813....
Why wait??!! 68 pages if SP, HP, luv button nonsense and you want to wait for a auto?? Man, wish I had your determination and willpower!! Lol!!! Seriously, go right now and ask. How long have you had your card? Have you ever had a cli ? You will take a HP, most likely, but you'll get probably more of a cli with that than your auto you're waiting forSmiley Happy. Regardless, good luck and keep reporting back!!Smiley Happy
Message 677 of 5,746
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Pizza1, I'm waiting because I know auto-CLI (my mom got one), and because when HARP 3.0 passes I'll try to refi my condo. HP are a refi no-no, and I have five since Jan '12. I do enjoy reading success stories on here though.
Message 678 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

USC 813 .... Understand completelySmiley Happy

Hey Scupra.... We are anxiously awaiting!!!! Did your secured vs unsecure today?????? We need some recent success stories to carry us through till the next round of cli!!! LolSmiley Happy
Message 679 of 5,746
Scupra
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
USC 813 .... Understand completelySmiley Happy

Hey Scupra.... We are anxiously awaiting!!!! Did your secured vs unsecure today?????? We need some recent success stories to carry us through till the next round of cli!!! LolSmiley Happy

I think you are as excited as I am! I woke up early this morning, logged in, and my statement isn't even available yet Smiley Sad  So, I am sitting here trying to talk myself into waiting a bit to see what happens. At the same time I am thinking about what steps to take next in my rebuilding journey, if anyone has any advice I am open ears! The plan was to PC the secured to Flagship, apply for Navchek and request a CLI on my cashRewards. Of coarse that all is based around the secured nRewards graduating. Maybe Barclays, Walmart? I don't know... Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 680 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.