cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we start a new BK Friendly List of CC?

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: Can we start a new BK Friendly List of CC?

@shalane85 wrote:
I honestly thought they would decline me since BOA did it to me.

congrats..........

Message 21 of 37
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

I mean what is the point in declining a secured credit card.
Message 22 of 37
livingfree
New Contributor

I filed chp 7 in Mar 2011 and was discharged Aug 2011. I got a Cap 1 auto loan for 14.5% at the end of Nov 2011. I applied and received a Cap 1 unsecured cc in Jan 2012 for $500.  I applied and received a Barclay rewards mc card for $1300 in May 2012.  I received several pre-selected offers for the Barclay card before I applied.  I refinanced my vehicle in Aug 2012 for 9% (anything helps).  I am okay for a while.  Just trying to work with what I have.

5/13/13 EQ 636 (Myfico), TU 660 lender pull , EX 640 lender pull
Barclay Rewards MC $2300, Cap One $750, Walmart $800, Macys $2000, Lane Bryant $600.
Message 23 of 37
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

So Barclay is BK friendly?

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, my bk was discharged in march of 2010.

Here are my cards

Within the first year of discharge

First premier was the first card (self closed they had given me 1000 dollars)

cap one visa--500 went to 750 and is still stuck at 750 pay b4 the due date, never went over the limit, and carry balances for like 3 months or so

cap one mc--same as above

orchard vi--300 no increases

orchard mc---500 no increases

legacy visa--300 went to 650 in 6 months

wells fargo auto loan--14k; 16.5%

1 year and 1/2

fingerhut-700

midnight velvet--900

swiss colony--900

ashley stewart-250

layne bryant-150

spiegel-250

jared jewelers--2000

2 1/2years post bk

pnc bank auto loan 33,000 5.94%

walmart---900

scores--tu, 693; exp-686; (based on the scores listed on the letters from denials of credit)

Denials still--jc penny; best buy; home depot; and macys a few months ago. I had all 3 card when I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy but I paid each and every card out before filing for bk. I looovveee jc penny. I'm sad that they will not give me a card again. I don't use all of the cards. I just keep them open on my report. I only use the 2 capital one cards, and sometimes layne bryant for underwear. Hope this helps someone.

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot New York and company for 250 dollars. Also monroe and main, and ashro both 900 dollars.

Message 26 of 37
dizzydee
Established Member

Hi..just came across this thread and wanted to share my experience with you. My BNK was discharged 12/2011. I was approved for  Cap 1 secured card in 2/2012 $250.00 limit (now $350), and unsecured Cap 1 Cash Rewards card in 5/2012 $500.00 limit (now $750), Barclays NFL Rewards 10/2012 $500.00 limit, Walmart $400.00 limit and this month, 11/2012, a Navy Fed CC Cash Rewards $1000.00 limit. I am not sure what my scores were in Jan 2012, but I know they were the high 500's. My scores as o today EQ Fico 617 as of 11/17/12 and TU Fico ( Walmart) 611 as of 11/05/12. YOur scores are better than mine and if I can get these cards, you can as well. Just take the plunge and apply...Good luck :-} !

Message 27 of 37
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I'm glad you posted this thread - it gave me the courage to apply for two GE cards today:  JC Penny and Walmart. My BK was discharged Jan 2009 and I have established other credit lines (mainly subprime...lol). I had a GE backed card (Lowes) in my BK so I was afraid to apply with them. However, I got approval for two very low limit cards today JC Penny approved me for $300 and Walmart for $900.

I'm hoping to get the CLI's frequently like the others here. Do you ask for CLI's or are they auto generated?

By the way, Barclays is very BK friendly. I have a $3700 credit line with them and it has only been a year (started with $1100). That is the only card I have that is in prime or near prime territory.  Jared's is also extremely BK friendly. Got them in 2009 and the cr line is $15k as of two weeks ago. The other cc's that took a chance are the ususal ones: First Premier, Credit One, Best Buy, Cap 1.

Message 28 of 37
shols44
Frequent Contributor

OP, sorry you are having trouble getting back in the saddle. 

Barclays is 100% BK friendly IMHO. I was approved instantly without recon 6 months post BK. My Wallet's in my siggy. I'm currently getting Discover and another Barclays pre-approval once or twice a week but I'm currently gardening till April. 

Friendlies

Cap One. I'd suggest using their soft puller to see if you are qualified for something, if not apply and see. 

Credit One, horrible....will not keep past one year.

Comenity, previously WWFNB, shopping cart trick love. Have 1K with them on 4 cards. (Great to have positively reporting lines post-BK)

Barclays

Discover

NFCU

There are a few more but this is it for me so far. I'd avoid BOA, Chase, Citi, Amex in the short term. Apparently, GE auto denies BKs for 24 months post. Been told this and read here on forums but people are having success. I burnt GE in my BK so I'm staying away. 

Good luck

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 29 of 37
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

^^^Thanks for the update. I was amending my post when you posted.

Yes, I agree about Barclays. I will dump First Premier and Credit One within the next few months before the annual fee hits again in May and July.

It was the GE cards I was worried about because of having them in my BK. Naturally Chase and BOA were there too so I'm out of the loop there. ...

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.