Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
11-29-2012 05:04 AM
Citi has been friendly to me. I had Chapter 7 in 2004 but they were not included. I have received 5 cards from them this year. Citi AA Sig, Simplicity, Diamond, TY Preferred and TY Premier. $40K in CL's
12-29-2012 07:58 PM
01-01-2013 10:14 PM
I had my BK discharged in Jan 2011. Lay low for 15 months. Then...
Orchard Bank Card and Credit One Card in April 2012-both gave me $600 limit (instant approval)
Capital One Secured Plat in April 2012-$250 limit (instant approval)
Lay low again for 6 months. Then app spree...
Barclaycard Visa through Apple Store in Nov 2012-$2200 limit (instant approval)
Capital One Cash Rewards Master in Nov 2012-$750 limit (instant approval)
HSBC Plat Master in Nov 2012-$750 limit
Walmart in Nov 2012-$500 limit (instant approval)
Amazon in Nov 2012-$600 limit (instant approval)
Best Buy in Nov 2012-$800 limit
Paypal SC in Nov 2012-$500 limit (instant approval)
Honda Auto Loan in Dec 2012- 0.9% (previous Honda Loan Paid b4 BK and have connection with Finance Director)
Barclay by far the most BK friendly, then you have the GECRB store card.
I think the key here is that if you just had BK, you need to lay low. Learn from your mistake, isn't that why you file for BK the first place?
Patient is the key... Spend on things that only you can afford!
Hopefully my list can help someone and good luck!
07-17-2013 06:13 PM
Hi there, new to the forums, sorta....LOL....,
Been lurking around here for the last few months, gaining some knowledge hopefully. Here's my deal....filed chapter 7 5/13, expected D/C in mid-late August. I wamt to rebuild asap, but its going to be really hard for me because I had every store card out there...macys, pier 1, crate and barrel, pottery barn, dillards, pennys, VS, NYC, etc...the list goes on. So, GEMB, Commenity, Chase and any store cards backed by them are gonna be no-go's.
This is what my plan is, and hopfully its works. Please add any advice to it, much appreciated.
1) 30 days post dc letter by mail, I'll pull all 3 CR's and see that they are reflecting accuratly, ( IIB, DC in bk , $0 balances, etc..). Go to work on clean up .
2) obtain an unsecured or secured credit card, hopefully captial one since I didnt burn them.
3) ( I reaffirmed a car loan that will start reporting again to all 3 CRA;s after the DC, and I have a federal school loan that will also be reporting as well). The new car loan is a year old now, never late/on time payments, and school loan was in deferment, but once dc happens, it will come out and payments resume again with reporting).
4) I will "garden" my new credit card for 1 year post dc bk, keeping utilzations between 5-10%, and paying in full monthly, and also have my school loan and car reporting for 1 year afterwards, then apply for a Discover More first, then for Barcalys/Apple card. Since Barclays watches all three CB's to make sure your not apping away after them, I'll try Discover first, then Apple..
5) Hopefully approved for one or both of the Discover and Apple card(s), and then back to the Garden for 8mo-1yr, doing the same....low utilzations, etc..
6) goal 2 yrs post BK: 2 credit cards with excellent paying history, a car loan and federal school loan all reporting to the CB's, and then apply for an FHA home loan. (ive never owned a home, always rented)
Sooooo, what do you think??? Do I have a good plan?? Thanks for any advice
07-17-2013 06:24 PM
oh! forgot to add:
6/13 (1 mth after filing)- EXP-514, EQ-584, TU-516
7/13 (3 wks later scores went WAYYY down again!! why??)- EXP- 422, EQ-464, TU-418
11/13- low 600's across the board
8/14- mid-high 600's across the board
01-09-2014 10:23 PM
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.