Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you PC a US Bank card?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Can you PC a US Bank card?

I wanted to add the US Bank Cash + card as my finale card but I noticed you can only apply for it in a branch. Is it possilble to apply for say the Flex Perks card and have it PC'd to Cash+ later on? Does US Bank allow this?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Can you PC a US Bank card?

Yes, you can PC if your account is eligible.

I don't know what the criteria is, but I know you need a CL of $5000+ to get the Cash+, but other than that, I don't know what their rules are on PC-ing. 

I PC'd from the FlexPerks Select visa to the Cash+ Visa Sig a few months ago. I originally opened my FlexPerks account 2 years ago.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 10
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Thanks!

What's the standard waiting time before requesting a PC? I'd want to PC my card immediately. I know with the Cash+ you'd need a FICO in the mid 700s. I'll be seeing a big spike in credit once my new balances reports.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 10
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Awesome! Thanks!

What's the standard waiting time before requesting a PC? I'd want to PC my card immediately. I know with the Cash+ you'd need a FICO in the mid 700s. I'll be seeing a big spike in credit once my new balances reports.

As far as I have heard there is no specific time frame.  Some accounts they make wait 6 months and others they put the request through immediately.  I would definitely call and ask.  The worst they can say is no.  It's not like they will take any AA against you. 

Now how about requesting a US BANK APR reduction?  Does anyone have any experience with that?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Awesome! Thanks!

I got my Flexperks cash rewards card March of this year, called Wednesday and got it PC. Logged in today and they've issued me a new acct # and a link to add my categories.. New cards should arrive in about 8 days.. Make sure you have no derogs and that the limit on your US Bank card is at least $5,000..If it isn't, then wait six months and request an increase and then attempt the PC..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Standard wait time to change the terms of an account is 1 year, but I have never had US Bank refer to that. But per credit card laws they could not change your AF for 1 year, flexperks sig to cash+ is an AF change.

I have not had the flexperks sig for 1 year and US bank has offered to change it to the Cash+, so they don't seem to over interpret the credit card laws like some other banks.

Have you tried applying over the phone? Maybe you can apply for the cash+ that way.

US Bank switched it to an in person app because they want people to have a relationship with their bank before they get that card. They don't want people in states that don't even have branches getting that card. So they took it off their website.

If you do not have a branch near you, US Bank does not want you to have that card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

You need to open at least 12 months for any PC.

Ron.

Message 7 of 10
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I have the Flexperks card for about a year with a credit limit of $1000. I recently called them and requested for the credit limit increase, and also requested for PC to Cashplus. They couldnt do both at the same time. First, they increased the limit to $5000. I called back a couple of days later, just to thank them, and requested to speak to a supervisor. Thanked him again and asked him about options to convert to Cash Plus. He did ask me a few questions and then mentioned that I am eligible for PC to Cash+ right away. (now that the credit limit is at $5000).  After a week, I got the new card in mail.

I also bank at USBank, I think that has helped with my PC request.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Nice congrats!
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 9 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I wanted to add the US Bank Cash + card as my finale card but I noticed you can only apply for it in a branch. Is it possilble to apply for say the Flex Perks card and have it PC'd to Cash+ later on? Does US Bank allow this?

Do you live near a US Bank branch? I'm not sure which US Bank credit cards, besides the Cash+, are available nationwide to apply for. I've heard of people getting denied for living outside their service area.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.