cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you apply for credit with a Freeze on all CRA?

tag
book1773
Valued Member

Can you apply for credit with a Freeze on all CRA?

I was wondering if you put a credit freeze on all CRA can you still apply

for credit without them pulling a hard inquiry?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you apply for credit with a Freeze on all CRA?

You can apply, but they won't approve you if they can't see the CR.

Message 2 of 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

You can apply, but they won't approve you if they can't see the CR.

+1

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 7
MAstudent07
Contributor

The posters are absolutely right. I applied for a Citi TY card, but could not be approved as my CR's are frozen. I guess I should have asked first as you did. Smiley Wink

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 4 of 7
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Its amazing how many people freeze thier reports without a full understanding of what its intended for. When a freeze is in place no one, except current creditors, can pull your full report without you giving consent to do so.

Message 5 of 7
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Does each CRA give you a password to give to ones you want to view your credit?  Just curious.  Also, if you opt out of receiving credit offers (like I had done years ago until recently), can they/would they bother to check your CRs?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Does each CRA give you a password to give to ones you want to view your credit?  Just curious.  Also, if you opt out of receiving credit offers (like I had done years ago until recently), can they/would they bother to check your CRs?

You have two options.....either you can unfreeze it for a specific time frame or you can unlock it for a specific party. If you choose to unfreeze it for a specific party (creditor) they give you a code to supply the creditor to view the CR. There is no code generated when you unlock it for a specific date range because any creditor can view the CR when its unlocked in this manner.  In regards to your second question, I'm not real sure what you are asking.......maybe someone else will

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.