cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you apply for the JCPenney MC outright anymore?

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you apply for the JCPenney MC outright anymore?

Forgot to add that is is being issued in Aug. Im guessing it's a relaunch as it is a reward card that is points based. More points using instore or online but points can be accured on all purchases. Rewards can only be used at JCP though. Its good for me as I buy many of my clothes there as they carry talls.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am reposting my question as it may fit better here.  Smiley Happy

Could someone state how many pointsdrop in your case after the old account was closed and the new one was reported?

There is just one day left on this to accept/decline and I am still unsure.  I used the credit simulator on credit karma and it said if closing my oldest card, jcp 11 years, I would drop by 20 points!

I only have one other credit card that I would love to stop putting all purchases on and this upgrade would allow it. I do have a dell card also and that's it.

I would much appreciate it.

Thanks!

KELLIE.

Message 23 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am reposting my question as it may fit better here.  Smiley Happy

Could someone state how many pointsdrop in your case after the old account was closed and the new one was reported?

There is just one day left on this to accept/decline and I am still unsure.  I used the credit simulator on credit karma and it said if closing my oldest card, jcp 11 years, I would drop by 20 points!

I only have one other credit card that I would love to stop putting all purchases on and this upgrade would allow it. I do have a dell card also and that's it.

I would much appreciate it.

Thanks!

KELLIE.

Don't be too concerned with the Credit Karma simulator... FICO counts closed accounts in your AAoA, but VantageScore (what Credit Karma uses) does not, so while your Credit Karma score will probably be impacted your actual FICO will not, at least not due to AAoA.

Of course, adding a new account and any change in available credit can cause movement in your FICO score, but there's no way to know exactly how much your particular profile will be impacted (some might even see an increase). 

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 26
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@stellar wrote:

Generally if someone mails you a credit card it will show up on your credit report....whether you activate it or not. 

Not necessarily true---Synchrony sent me a Pay-Pal Extras Mastercard as an upgrade for my Pay-Pal Smart Connect acct. As long as I didin't activate it my PPSC would remain open---also if I didn't activate the PPE card by a certain date, it would cancel and never report to the bureaus and I'd keep my existing Smart Connect acct. with no interruption of acct.. age. I did accept the upgrade BTW and it closed my old SC and starting a new PPE acct on my reports.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know there was a difference.  Thanks for putting it that way UncleB!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.