cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you ask a lender to update your account status on your CR?

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Can you ask a lender to update your account status on your CR?

Has anyone had success or can it be done? My secured WF account was closed immediately so the balance trasnfer payoff wasnt reflected before it got updated to the CR so now i have a closed account with a balance reporting. So it made my utilization jump up to 16%Smiley Sad. Im sure the account should be paid off in a day or two (im going to actually call them up and see if they received payment from BofA). So can i ask them to update it to the bureaus as zero balance since the account is closed?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Can you ask a lender to update your account status on your CR?

I guess you could, however it should update when the statement cuts as well, closed accounts still get statements
Message 2 of 3
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you ask a lender to update your account status on your CR?

@john398 wrote:
I guess you could, however it should update when the statement cuts as well, closed accounts still get statements

thanks john for the reply. I know it will eventually get updated next month, the only reason i would like it sooner is that my BofA secured card is about to be eligible to unsecure the first week of May so didnt really wanted them to see that if they SP my report one last time before determining if i am eligible and maybe if they would want to give me a CLI also. Just looks ugly on my report. Plus BofA did a midcycle and reported the 1700 dollars on the balance transfer from WF so the same amount is being reported twice on my report (from WF and BofA). It really bugs me.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.