cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you be an AU on a Macy's store card, but not on the Macy's AmEx-formerly-Visa?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Can you be an AU on a Macy's store card, but not on the Macy's AmEx-formerly-Visa?

An odd question, I realize.

Now that I finally have access to a Macy's, I wouldn't mind having a store card to get the points and all. My mother has a Macy's Visa --> AmEx, but she lets balances post on the Visa/ AmEx, and you know how I am about that. If only the store card reported on my reports, I could make sure that it was always paid off.

Is it possible to go AU on only the store tradeline, which I understand reports separately from the bankcard tradeline?

I figured I'd ask here first before giving a Macy's CSR a nervous breakdown, lol.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can you be an AU on a Macy's store card, but not on the Macy's AmEx-formerly-Visa?

no because it's all on one card, even though it's 2 tradelines.

and don't forget you actually end up with 3 tradelines with the visa (the 3rd being a Major Purchase Line) mine just reports open and $0.. then of course if you buy furniture which I have that is a 4th line!

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can you be an AU on a Macy's store card, but not on the Macy's AmEx-formerly-Visa?

Yikes, I thought there were only two, and the furniture one would be the third!

So what reports on what? Do store charges report on the store TL, and non-store charges on the Visa/ AmEx, even though they all come from the same piece of plastic?

Oh well. Now that I finally got to 5 years AAoA, it's a wonderful motivator not to add any new accounts, that's for sure. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, when you are in store, they automatically go to store line

Anything over $300 I think you can put on your major purchase line if you want or for jewelry with 12 month 0%

Furniture line is either 12 or about 3 times a year they do 24 0% and they keep lowering the CL as you pay so not sure if it's calculated on credit as a charge and not effecting util, which I think is how it is.

I still don't see why they stopped reporting CL on the store, that makes no since to me, but I lost a lot when that happened!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.