09Lexie

Re: Can you be an authorized user for a credit card type you already have?

Valued Member
John02

No sorry I didn't explain that part very well.

I have 4 new cc's less than 3 months old which were not included in the list in my previous post. They are:

Discover IT

Citi Dividend

American Express Blue Cash

Paypal Extras Master Card

All of those have <10% util currently.

I have a 5th account which is around 5 months old, but it is a student loan consolidation loan.

The line of credit that I got the CLI on is a few years old.

The other line of credit, Home Depot, Wal-Mart Discover, Chase, Capital One and Kohls' are all older than 6 months.

09Lexie

I'd start with one, maybe two cc's and go by the highest APR to tackle first. If it makes since financially to add 3 cc's then I would do that too. That's an awful lot of cc's with util over 30%. If you can get CLI's without HP's I try that too. Chances aren't so high carrying that kind if debt but it can't hurt.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+