cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you believe I turned down True Value??

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you believe I turned down True Value??

Thats what i'm calling the Pizza effect 

"A condition in which a person is inspired to apply for a credit card based on the excitement and exhuberance and sometimes high credit lines from Pizza1"

Message 11 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

EX pull? Comenity has been sour for me lately. Still waiting on my magic letter for Overstock Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 17
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Good job. pizza, I'm impressed , I knew you could do it. Keep up the good work. 

Message 13 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

took the inq. might as well have just taken the card at that point. not like your aaoa is gonna get any lower.
Message 14 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
took the inq. might as well have just taken the card at that point. not like your aaoa is gonna get any lower.

Ordinarily I would agree with this line of thought but I think for pizza this isn't probably something she needs to hear.

I admire the fact that she showed some discipline and restraint in this case. (Better still would have been not apping at all, because as you mentioned, the HP was done, but oh well).

Message 15 of 17
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

More store cards won't help her though. I for one am happy for her, congrats!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 16 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You're right that more store cards won't help, which is why the advice of everyone at myfico for the past 90 threads has been to stop apping all together.

the damage to the report (albeit temporary for 2 years) has already be done. I don't think that warrants a congratulations, but that is just my opinion. No one is required to agree with it Smiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.