cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change income after you open a CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you change income after you open a CC?

Was wondering if my fiance can change how much she reported as her income after she applied for her Amazon Store card? She wasn't aware at the time that she could report ALL household annual income and only reported her own, which is not very much.

TIA

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you change income after you open a CC?

I always claim household income. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Was wondering if my fiance can change how much she reported as her income after she applied for her Amazon Store card? She wasn't aware at the time that she could report ALL household annual income and only reported her own, which is not very much.

TIA

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

She can. However, it may not result in a CLI if she has already been approved.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really what I wanted to hear LOL! but thanks Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's still worth calling for recon!

Message 5 of 12
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TIA

Yes. She can log in to her online account, click on the Profile tab at the very top, and then edit Personal Information to update income. She will also be asked for her income if/when she asks for CLI.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also got a question that regards to this as well for other members who can help me: 

Say for instance I applied for a Freedom card and Discover about 6-9 months ago and I update my income today... Will that income that I resubmitted be shared with other banks for future apps? Is that something that updates deep in my credit file? I don't want to have applied for a card putting $25k in as my income and then apply for another one a few months down the road (after I got a big raise) and put $40k and they come back and say they couldn't verify my income or something like that-- Speaking of which, how do they even know your true income? 

Message 7 of 12
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It won't change her initial CL, but she can always ask for a CLI. She should call or try the online chat option. I'm pretty sure CLI requests are always a SP.  If it gets denied, she can try again in a few months. Best of luck to her! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please come back and update thread with results.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:
Please come back and update thread with results.

Will do

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.