cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do a Capital One Balance transfer to a checking account?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Can you do a Capital One Balance transfer to a checking account?

Looking for the cheapest way to turn my card into cash without getting the cash advance fee. 

I know with Barclay card you can do a BT to a loan or bank account no problem. What about capital one.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you do a Capital One Balance transfer to a checking account?

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Looking for the cheapest way to turn my card into cash without getting the cash advance fee. 

I know with Barclay card you can do a BT to a loan or bank account no problem. What about capital one.

Yes if they send you BT checks.  If they haven't, give them a call and ask for some. Still, it's not exactly 'cash' as you have to repay them and there is a BT fee.  

Message 2 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Irish is correct. I got 3 BT checks from them. Cashed one into my account. 0% for 12 months. 4k. Fee was $120.00. So free loan with flat 120 fee. Not bad.  Will pay it off in 10 months. However score dropped 15 points as I'm at 75% usage on the card. No idea 1 card out of 20 could cause score to drop

Message 3 of 5
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

I just saw online where I can request a no hassle check but it says it will take 10 days. I actually need it by thursday. 

So is there any other way to get cash off the card without a cash advance? Send through paypal or something?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I just saw online where I can request a no hassle check but it says it will take 10 days. I actually need it by thursday. 

So is there any other way to get cash off the card without a cash advance? Send through paypal or something?

PayPal won't let you send to yourself. But there are ways. If yourre gonna take cash advance. Then just hope to the ATM  Cap one does not mine. If you got deadline. Then. I'm not gonna get into other options. Just google getting cash fast on credit card.  Not advised. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.